[video=youtube;LhaWwE5x9W0]

------------------------------

edit2

Poulin Hybrit vst plugin

Redwirez's free Impulse Responses

[video=youtube;P9L6F3vtBR4]

------------------------------

edit3

Ignite Amps NRR1 also with better cab IRs.

[video=youtube;99RSW8L8SM4]

• Members

Laripspiral huh? Your trademark 60 vids were great. Thanks for your comparison. Cool video.

Oh! You forgot to include a simulation that isn't real but in my oppinion annhilates all of these: Legion by LePou again. So tight...no boost no choking anywhere, clarity...Selectable tonestacks and gain structure. Since that all of the others just show their weaknesses as the real amps they are based on. Notice how the LeCto flubs even boosted. Or the 5150 lacking some bite etc. I would use the focus and bright switches on the Le456 personally but it still retains a spongy low end. SoloC was really good. Clean and tight for high gain.

• Members

Laripspiral huh? Your trademark 60 vids were great.

Thanks! :) Very cool that someone remembers. :)

Oh! You forgot to include a simulation that isn't real but in my oppinion annhilates all of these: Legion by LePou again.

Yup, that's true. I might do a "playthrough" vid of that one alone later.

• Members

Cool vid! Did you 12 o'clock all the amp sims, or tweak to get the best sound?

Pretty much 12 o'clock, but I tweaked them just to get about the equal amount of gain and volume.

Oh, and besides Legion you should totally make a video of Ignite Amps NNR1 and TSE X50, those things are awesome
:rawk:

Thanks for the recommendation, just downloaded both!

Off to play.

• Members

Three more, now with clean/crunch/hi gain sounds:

- Ignite Amps NNR1

- Poulin Legion

- Ignite Amps TSE X50

You really made those things sound great, nice riffs too! I love it how the new free VST amp sims sound more and more like a real amp, they're really quite useful now. What impulses did you use? And did you use a boost? TSE808?

P.S. we're both blind for not realizing it's NRR1, not NNR1

• Members

Used Boss SD-1 as a boost in the hi gain parts.

Hmm, I've never tried boosting an amp sim with a real pedal, I've always gone with software ones. Guess I should give that a try.

BTW, have you tried God's Cab impulse pack? If not, by all means try 'em. GuitarHack's used to be my go-to impulses but now I find myself using almost only God's Cab

• Members

Hmm, I've never tried boosting an amp sim with a real pedal, I've always gone with software ones. Guess I should give that a try.

BTW, have you tried God's Cab impulse pack? If not, by all means try 'em. GuitarHack's used to be my go-to impulses but now I find myself using almost only God's Cab

That package looks (and hopefully sounds) great, thanks! Downloading as we speak.

Yup, real pedals seems to work pretty well, and it also slightly compresses (by adding little distortion) the signal so the dynamic range is easier to handle.

• Members

Oh man, I'm pretty stoked about the possibilities these offer for a home-recording enthusiast like me. I'm constantly finding new plugins and IRs (e.g. the ones recommended here) and I'm really starting to like the sounds.

• Members

Oh man, I'm pretty stoked about the possibilities these offer for a home-recording enthusiast like me. I'm constantly finding new plugins and IRs (e.g. the ones recommended here) and I'm really starting to like the sounds.

Glad I could help! Amp sims have really come a long way in a short amount of time. It's incredible how easy it is to record guitars that sound great these days. Affordable and doesn't piss off your neighbors :thu:

Edit: Damn, larips, are you finnish? I thought I recognized a part of Turku in one of your vids.

• Members

All the distortion clips of these just sound like a spider 2

Weird, who knew a Spider could sound so f*cking excellent?

Seriously, I surfed YT this morning for amp clips and these sh*t all over every single YT amp clip I listened to this morning... and it was all big money stuff. Apparently recording real amps is difficult... who knew?

• Members

One has got to remember that I have just started with the whole IR/amp sim thing and, admittedly, the vids I posted are not prime examples of what these can do. Already now I have found better cab impulses and settings for the amp sims, will post soon-ish.

Seriously, I surfed YT this morning for amp clips and these sh*t all over every single YT amp clip I listened to this morning... and it was all big money stuff. Apparently recording real amps is difficult... who knew?

This is an excellent point. Recording real amps IS difficult, especially if you don't live in a sound proof apartment. Amp sims/IR cabs are a cheap and very easy way to get a good (at least hi gain) guitar sound. Perhaps not the holy grail of all guitar sounds, but, compared to many alternatives, still very good. Sure, I would love to crank an amp and mic it, but not gonna happen soon.

Archived