Pay cash or finance with no interest?

guitarbilly74

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think it's mahogany...

nope just checked, they're all maple.

Like I said, I jsut felt it was a lip service exercise for people who must have a gibson logo; the epiphones actually did so much better.

I have nothing against Epis, but they don't have a guitar that will fit what I need right now. I don't want a LP custom or Std, my Hamers have that well covered. I want a no frills rock guitar with a single HB.

Kinda :( it's maple though but hey it sounded good when I tried it so I guess it will be ok. I have to rethink my pickup of choice for it though, the 81 will be TOO bright on a maple guitar. Maybe the 85 will be a better option.

• Members

Personally I'd buy it outright. Never know what may be looming just over the horizon, and I wouldn't want to worry about that AND a payment on a guitar too.

and FWIW, I have an emergency fund too, but my wife's sudden gall bladder surgery a few years ago taught me that you can never be sure it's enough. :cry:

• Members

Personally I'd buy it outright. Never know what may be looming just over the horizon, and I wouldn't want to worry about that AND a payment on a guitar too.

and FWIW, I have an emergency fund too, but my wife's sudden gall bladder surgery taught me that you can never be sure it's enough.
:cry:

Yeah I decided I will just buy it outright, it's better to just take care of it and not have to worry about monthly payments.

I just have to decide which one I want now. For the last couple of hours I've been leaning towards the explorer :lol:

• Members

I liked the ones I played. Well, not in stock form, but it will be a fun platform for upgrading
:)

I edited my post - is it that white les paul shaped MM? Maybe the one I played was a lemon....light as a feather with an awkward clubby neck and crazy neck angle. I really wanted to like it because they look damn cool! Your Hamers are better :D

• Members

I edited my post - is it that white les paul shaped MM? Maybe the one I played was a lemon....light as a feather with an awkward clubby neck and crazy neck angle. I really wanted to like it because they look damn cool! Your Hamers are better
:D

Oh yeah it's not replacing my Hamers. Not at all. Just something different on the side.

I really like the neck shape and angle though, actually it's what I liked the most. :idk:

And well, I'm deciding between the explorer, SG or V-shaped MM, but yes, basically the same guitar you posted but with a different body shape :)

• Members

sg-melody-maker.jpg

Gibson_Melody_Maker_Flying_V_Electric_Gu

91424.jpg

:love:
:love:... but I can't choose one
:facepalm:

I love them ALL
:lol:

wtf those are ugly-ass guitars. the only melody maker i have ever played was hands down the worst guitar i've ever played; worse than the rondo chep brand SX tele that was pretty horrid in its own right.

save your money. buy something else, like a glock 19 or go to yosemite for a weekend or something. step away from the guitars.

• Members

The Sweetwater, AMS, Zzounds payment plans are pretty nice. You pay a small fee, but there is no interest. You get to make payments on the gear you are buying for 3-12 months depending on the price.

It's better to pay up front if you can, but it's nice if you can't come up with the cash all at one time.

• Members

The Sweetwater, AMS, Zzounds payment plans are pretty nice. You pay a small fee, but there is no interest. You get to make payments on the gear you are buying for 3-12 months depending on the price.

It's better to pay up front if you can, but it's nice if you can't come up with the cash all at one time.

I don't pay a fee at AMS. :)

• Members

Oh yeah it's not replacing my Hamers. Not at all. Just something different on the side.

I really like the neck shape and angle though, actually it's what I liked the most.
:idk:

And well, I'm deciding between the explorer, SG or V-shaped MM, but yes, basically the same guitar you posted but with a different body shape
:)

Word, I didn't mean to crap on your thread! The AMS payment thing is really convenient; I bought a Fernandes Revolver from them a while back split over three payments. Unfortunately that guitar also turned out to be a bit of a lemon for me.....the fret ends were {censored}ed up :mad: sucks because the guitar definitely had potential

• Members

wtf those are ugly-ass guitars. the only melody maker i have ever played was hands down the worst guitar i've ever played; worse than the rondo chep brand SX tele that was pretty horrid in its own right.

save your money. buy something else, like a glock 19 or go to yosemite for a weekend or something. step away from the guitars.

Nah I'm buying it. And I will make it sound good too, watch. :p

I'm easy to please. :D

• Members

I usually do those 3 split payments from AMS. I've never had any issues honestly. And people need to get over the "money earning interest" bit... :lol: US "dollars" haven't and won't be gaining worthwhile interest for a very, very long time. I closed my BoA savings account because it cost me $$ to keep it open. Way more than what I was earning on interest. :lol: Especially over 3 months... c'mon. :facepalm:

• Members

I usually do those 3 split payments from AMS. I've never had any issues honestly. And people need to get over the "money earning interest" bit...
US "dollars" haven't and won't be gaining worthwhile interest for a very, very long time. I closed my BoA savings account because it cost me $$ to keep it open. Way more than what I was earning on interest.
Especially over 3 months... c'mon.
:facepalm:

Yeah but if I spend $600 at once that's a whole month low on beer. While with 3 x $200 I can still stock up really nice.

{censored}ing accountants, they can never see the problem from all angles. :mad:

• Members

Yeah but if I spend $600 at once that's a whole month low on beer. While with 3 x $200 I can still stock up really nice.

{censored}ing accountants, they can never see the problem from all angles.
:mad:

Bro that's why I do payments bro!! :love:

Think of how much tanning I'd hafta cut back with all that moolah out at once... :cry: And I'd only be able to get the Caddy detailed once a week instead of on Mon/Thurs like now... :( :( :lol:

I thought about doing an AMS payment plan for a new wireless but considering I'm kinda meh'ing about my band at the moment anyway, Imma trying to hold off on gear. :lol:

• Members

Bro that's why I do payments bro!!
:love:
Think of how much tanning I'd hafta cut back with all that moolah out at once...
:cry:
And I'd only be able to get the Caddy detailed once a week instead of on Mon/Thurs like now...
:(
:(

I believe we're on the same page now. :lol:

Archived