If Dream Theater and Fates Warning met in a dark alley

Yarbicus

• Members

Meh, I prefer LaBrie by far. Redemption is ok but nowhere near DT imo. They lack that depth musically and I'm not talking about Systematic Chaos.

To each his own, but Redemption smokes everything DT has done since Metropolis, IMO, and by a long, long way, at that. Ray's also much, much better live than LaBrie ever was.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Meh, I prefer LaBrie by far. Redemption is ok but nowhere near DT imo. They lack that depth musically and I'm not talking about Systematic Chaos.

Agree. I like Redemption a lot, but there is many band like them (Sun Caged, Circus Maximus, Ice Age etc.).

Putting them on the same level as DT is not very good idea IMO.

• Members

Agree. I like Redemption a lot, but there is many band like them (Sun Caged, Circus Maximus, Ice Age etc.).

Putting them on the same level as DT is not very good idea IMO.

Clearly this we are down to personal taste but I much prefer the heaviness of Redemption and Anubis Gate. I haven't heard a ton of songs from the bands you listed but they definitely seemed more prog rock than prog metal (yeah, splitting hairs, I guess!).

• Members

Clearly this we are down to personal taste but I much prefer the heaviness of Redemption and Anubis Gate. I haven't heard a ton of songs from the bands you listed but they definitely seemed more prog rock than prog metal (yeah, splitting hairs, I guess!).

These bands are denifitely prog metal :)

Archived