THIS is why Metallica were the most overrated metal band of all time

teemuk

• Members

Yeah, yeah, the general public are stupid and don't know music as well as you do.

They're not {censored}ing Katie Perry.

They were/are a metal band, and a {censored}ing good one, but were able to write tunes that appealed to a much larger audience across multiple genders.

Don't like it? Don't buy the records or go to their shows.

Over-rated? No. Only a dumb {censored}, or butt hurt, die-hard thrash fan would say that.

Multiple genders... How the {censored} does that work??? :poke:

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This. Same thing with Megadeth - quitting after Rust in Peace was a masterstroke of genius.

And slightly guilty ROFL at chasing Guitarist+ out of HCAF with the inside jokes.

Except, Countdown to Extinction, The System Has Failed, United Abominations, and Endgame are all master pieces.

Risk and The World Needs a Hero are okay. Hidden Treasures was pretty great, too, although in my opinion only the covers on that EP were really good. Cryptic Writings was excellent.

• Members

Tons of stuff could be written about this but in a nutshell, as superficial it might sound, image is important. Not only in metal but generally in everything related to everyday life. Deep down it falls down to same category as picking a pile of potential records from unknown bands to listen to merely based on the album cover (tell me you never done that), or why metal lyrics aren't really covering topics like eating ice cream on the beach with your mom, playing soccer or programming the OS for the new Nokia phones with Delphi, for example.

I see that image is kinda important, but come on, is long hair required for metal or something?

I doubt even half the guys complaining wear long hair like James in the 80's. :lol:

• Members

Except, Countdown to Extinction, The System Has Failed, United Abominations, and Endgame are all master pieces.

Risk and The World Needs a Hero are okay. Hidden Treasures was pretty great, too, although in my opinion only the covers on that EP were really good. Cryptic Writings was excellent.

What are all these imaginary albums you are talking about?

And what is that wooshing sound?

Oh, it's the sound of another (in-)joke going over your head :) Welcome to HCAF!

• Members

^ I can't understand why you metal fans worry so much about how musicians look.
:idk:

I think he looks very respectable for a 40+ year old rocker in that picture. He was in a heavy metal outfit in his youth, and went off in a hard rock direction.

Great, influential band. Death Magnetic has some cool stuff on it even. Exodus? Pffft. Sepultura? Hahahaha...

EDIT: Another reason Megadeth will never be/isn't as impactful as Metallica: Mustaine's vocals are pretty inaccessible. I've never heard anyone listen to Megadeth for the first time and say, 'Yo, this guy sounds great!' And I never loved Rust in Peace or Countdown to Extinction - and still don't.

• Members

I think he looks very respectable for a 40+ year old rocker in that picture. He was in a heavy metal outfit in his youth, and went off in a hard rock direction.

Great, influential band. Death Magnetic has some cool stuff on it even. Exodus? Pffft. Sepultura? Hahahaha...

EDIT: Another reason Megadeth will never be/isn't as impactful as Metallica: Mustaine's vocals are pretty inaccessible. I've never heard anyone listen to Megadeth for the first time and say, 'Yo, this guy sounds great!' And I never loved Rust in Peace or Countdown to Extinction - and still don't.

Mind if I ask what about RIP did you not like? That friggin album was/is EPIC. The guitar work= outstanding.

• Members

Mind if I ask what about RIP did you not like? That friggin album was/is EPIC. The guitar work= outstanding.

Mustaine's lyrics/attitude'd vocals sound forced and well...corny? Polaris is a sweet track, though, as is Holy War. I was being overly critical by saying I don't like it.

Youthanasia is their masterpiece album IMO.

• Members

In the vein of previous posts: there are no vocals on RiP.

• Members

Mustaine's lyrics/attitude'd vocals sound forced and well...corny? Polaris is a sweet track, though, as is Holy War. I was being overly critical by saying I don't like it.

Youthanasia is their masterpiece album IMO.

Fair enough. Dave has a voice you either like or don't like, IMO. Youthanasia? Respectfully disagree. RIP is by far their best album with Peace sells...getting a nod.

• Members

Holy fuck, there's newb and then there's NEWB! You make both look like geniuses.

i hadn't seen this one yet

he's pretty fucking newbtastic in a severely handicapped kinda way

the kinda guy you don't feel sorry for

:idk:

Archived