Times of Grace>>>>Killswitch Engage after Alive or Just Breathing.

Chrisjd

• Members

I've been a moderate Killswitch Engage Fan since 2002. I really liked Alive or Just Breathing and The End of Heartache. I thought their newer self titled album was pretty decent too.

Listening to this new times of Grace album, I am really impressed and I think this is a huge treat for those who appreciated the Jesse Leach era of Killswitch. This album basically sounds like Alive or Just Breathing part II. Perfect harmony of brutal yet beautiful.

This first song gets heavier than anything I have heard Howard do.

[video=youtube;za1cJaEElDw]

[video=youtube;QGzHR1zx7RI]

[video=youtube;18gb9PUcOCo]

[video=youtube;cAzalACyIec]

[video=youtube;Wj9wXQa4E5Y]

• Members

This thread should devolve quickly into an anti-KSE thread, but I'll play along. I disagree to an extent in that I don't really think it's AOJB part II. I think it falls more in line with what KSE is doing now, just with a different singer. I like it, but I'd rather just listen to AOJB when it comes to KSE.

In fact, I'd say that this is what I imagine KSE would sound like with Phil Labonte on vocals.

I will say that I really dig "The Forgotten One." And, as per usual, the guitar tones were fantastic.

• Members

I love them, they do sound like AOJB pt II alright, which is a good thing in my book.

I am not a fan of Howard's vocals so I don't really like anything he did, except for The End of Heartache I can listen to sometimes.

Y'all should check out a band called Aftershock, it was before KSE, Adam D on guitar, his brother on vocals, Joel Stroetzel on guitar also. They sound great, did a few albums before splitting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aftershock_%28band%29

• Members

the cd is very solid, and the only thing that kind of pisses me off about it is that some of the vocals are auto tuned. but yea i always prefered jesse to howard on vocals. he just had alot more passion in his voice or some {censored}

• Members

If you Google around you can find quotes of Jesse Leach himself supposedly saying that he did not use autotune.

I'd like to know where the holy {censored}ing {censored}itty tits {censored} {censored} you guys keep getting this autotune information from? I've been reading it a lot lately; people making autotune accusations. And yet, when I actually try to find anything that even remotely resembles credible evidence I come up empty (side question: I'm I using that metaphor properly?). I'm not even saying that Jesse didn't use autotune, I'm just asking where people are getting their info.. Apparently it's some pretty damn good insider info. for it to not even show up on a Google search, and fly in the face of counter evidence.

• Members

If you Google around you can find quotes of Jesse Leach himself supposedly saying that he did not use autotune.

I'd like to know where the holy {censored}ing {censored}itty tits {censored} {censored} you guys keep getting this autotune information from? I've been reading it a lot lately; people making autotune accusations. And yet, when I actually try to find anything that even remotely resembles credible evidence I come up empty (side question: I'm I using that metaphor properly?). I'm not even saying that Jesse didn't use autotune, I'm just asking where people are getting their info.. Apparently it's some pretty damn good insider info. for it to not even show up on a Google search, and fly in the face of counter evidence.

he's propably talking about adam d's vocal parts, they have autotune all over them, if you can't hear it I suggest installing auto-tune and toying around with it for a quick moment, you'll recognized the tuned vocal sound quickly after that

• Members

wait - there's a living human being who was not smothered by those that new him that actually thought the new self titled KSE album was good?

Other than track 1 or 2 on that album (that one with the quick thrashin' melodic riff) - it might be the worst album I've ever bought. Saw it at Target for $7.99 and impulse bought it to see what the band was up to. Cracked the CD in half 2 days later -> Trash.

• Members

he's propably talking about adam d's vocal parts, they have autotune all over them, if you can't hear it I suggest installing auto-tune and toying around with it for a quick moment, you'll recognized the tuned vocal sound quickly after that

+1 its quite easy to recognize auto-tune man....

• Members

I like it better than the latest self titled but not more than the first 3 major label releases. It's still awesome tho.

TEOH is and always will be their bast.evar. IMO.

However hearing Jesse back on vox is pretty rad. :rawk: I'm planning on seeing them this fall when they roll through.

• Members

In conclusion: Not one person here actually KNOWS that there is autotune on the album.

Again, I'm not saying there isn't, I'm saying that everyone declares that albums have autotune without knowing if what they are saying is actually true.

• Members

Yeah, I really {censored}ing dig the album. I dont think Id call it AOJB part II, though. I think its the evolution that KSE would have taken had Leach stayed in the band. Either way, its a really {censored}ing fantastic album.

Archived