NGD!!! Gibson RD!!!!

MattACaster

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

RD's confuse me...are they SG's that want to be Explorers or Explorers that want to be SG's?

It seems like a funky Explorer to me. I had one of those original Agile Ghost Explorer copies and did not really gel with the body style. But the RD is another story. The lower front bout on the explorer looked like it was 4 feet long when I looked down at it. The RD just seems to fit me good and is very comfortable. I really want one of those Silverburst ones now.

• Members

It seems like a funky Explorer to me. I had one of those original Agile Ghost Explorer copies and did not really gel with the body style. But the RD is another story. The lower front bout on the explorer looked like it was 4 feet long when I looked down at it. The RD just seems to fit me good and is very comfortable. I really want one of those Silverburst ones now.

I'm not knocking the guitar, but it isn't something I think I could ever feel comfortable with...It borrows so much from two very iconic shapes that I like very much, but

is neither...if that makes sense.

I won't say it is ugly tho... I owned & loved two Mosrites...I don't have the right to accuse anyone of owning an ugly guitar :lol:

• Members

Im sorry man but goddamn, those are some ugly assed guitars. I hope they {censored}ing bring it but personally I would never try one. Scuse me while I {censored}ing choke on my own vomit.

They do bring it. If you like the shape, and it seems to be a love or hate thing, they {censored}ing bring it hard.

• Members

I'm not knocking the guitar, but it isn't something I think I could ever feel comfortable with...It borrows so much from two very iconic shapes that I like very much, but

is neither...if that makes sense.

I won't say it is ugly tho... I owned & loved two Mosrites...I don't have the right to accuse anyone of owning an ugly guitar
:lol:

To me, it's more like a curvy Firebird with the thump and growl of an LP or Explorer. Huge sounding guitars!

• Members

I gotta say, I got mine on Friday and couldn't put it down. Huge sounding guitar is right, lots of sustain and effortless to play. I thought the 50's rounded neck would be like a baseball bat, but it fits my hand like a glove. Worth every penny, even at $1200.

Archived