Fender Kurt Cobain Jaguar road worn sig.

Crunchtime

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have stay to say though, I really like the looks of this road worn version.
:love:

This.

I liked Nirvana. Till the {censored}er killed himself.

Not such a big fan since then.

This guitar is {censored}ing hot for reasons other than being called a "Kurt Cobain sig" by Fenders Marketing people.

• Members

On/off/out of phase I think? And I believe there's a regular toggle switch for the pickups.

incorrect. this one's set up more like a Jazzmaster. A regular Jag would have three switches on the bottom, individual on/off/phase for both pickups and a sort of hi-pass filter, as well as the rhythm circuit up top, but this just has a 3-way and the rhythm circuit.

• Members

incorrect. this one's set up more like a Jazzmaster. A regular Jag would have three switches on the bottom, individual on/off/phase for both pickups and a sort of hi-pass filter, as well as the rhythm circuit up top, but this just has a 3-way and the rhythm circuit.

Ah. What's the difference with this "rhythm circuit"?

• Members

I'm surprised this guitar is getting so much love here. I would prefer it not be reliced.

Cream humbuckers really get me hot in certain guitars. This is one of them.

This whole time, I thought the sunburst guitar Cobain played was a Jazzmaster.

20th anniversary of "Nevermind" this month. Crazy.

• Members

Ah. What's the difference with this "rhythm circuit"?

It's kind of useless for me at least, but basically you have the "lead" circuit which is your normal volume/tone/3 way deal, then you have the rhythm circuit which is only the neck pickup with it's separate volume and tone rollers. It just kinda gives you two preset sounds. For instance, you like your lead sound on the middle position with the tone and volume at 10, and instead of having to roll the knobs off and flip to the neck pickup, you just flip to the rhythm circuit and there's your mellow clean sound

• Members

What you talking about willis

:freak:

I remember seeing all the time between 91 and 93 the strat (fernedez) was more from late 80's

All of my posters and all of the gigs I've seen he mostly used a black strat. I relate him more to a black strat than a Jag of any type. And furthermore, he had a Fender neck on it, unless it's some sticker or some {censored}.

• Members

All of my posters and all of the gigs I've seen he mostly used a black strat. I relate him more to a black strat than a Jag of any type. And furthermore, he had a Fender neck on it, unless it's some sticker or some {censored}.

I don't go by posters I go by being a fan at the time, I am still pissed I missed 2 shows.

I was around at the time and was a fan from 1990 I still have an original subpop tape of bleach in the UK.

I remember him more for this guitar than the strats (and I am a huge strat fan)

• Members

It's kind of useless for me at least, but basically you have the "lead" circuit which is your normal volume/tone/3 way deal, then you have the rhythm circuit which is only the neck pickup with it's separate volume and tone rollers. It just kinda gives you two preset sounds. For instance, you like your lead sound on the middle position with the tone and volume at 10, and instead of having to roll the knobs off and flip to the neck pickup, you just flip to the rhythm circuit and there's your mellow clean sound

Huh... that's sorta interesting.

• Members

I don't go by posters I go by being a fan at the time, I am still pissed I missed 2 shows.

I was around at the time and was a fan from 1990 I still have an original subpop tape of bleach in the UK.

I remember him more for this guitar than the strats (and I am a huge strat fan)

And I've seen tons of shows on VHS too, homey. I do not connect Kurt to the Jag at all because it's not what I usually see him play in the live shows I've seen, like the awesome Halloween shows they did.

• Members

And I've seen tons of shows on VHS too, homey. I do not connect Kurt to the Jag at all because it's not what I usually see him play in the live shows I've seen, like the awesome Halloween shows they did.

Seeing it on VHS and being around at the time is not the same.

Seeing magazines MTV and being just beige hit with info all the time you would see what I mean about that guitar. It makes sense to release that guitar. It's VERY iconic for fans.

• Members

Seeing it on VHS and being around at the time is not the same.

Seeing magazines MTV and being just beige hit with info all the time you would see what I mean about that guitar. It makes sense to release that guitar. It's VERY iconic for fans.

You act like I wasn't a fan at the time, asshat...

Archived