Fender Kurt Cobain Jaguar road worn sig.

Crunchtime

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He played the Jag a LOT from 91-92 or late 93.

My VHS I had years back of a bunch of classic gigs he played were mostly the strat. I know he played a Jaguar, but I wasn't aware it was nearly long enough to warrant a sig. Plus, wasn't his design the "jag-stang" anyways? :idk:

Whatever... pass on grounds of being a Kurt sig, but would on grounds that it's interesting looking.

• Members

My point wasn't that he didn't use one. It's that he didn't use one for the majority of the time that someone who'd want to cop his sound would care about. But then again... who would wanna do that.
:freak:

He did towards the end of his career. He used his original in the really early days but IIRC retired it cause he didn't want to {censored} it up.

He sat down with Fender and created the Jag-Stang. It's his design. :idea:

• Members

I'm sure he did, but he played jaguars and mustangs mostly.

:o
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=NC43239

He mostly played Strats, especially since they were readily available and he could {censored} them up. He only ever recieved one Jag-Stang. It's true he loved Jaguars as well but most live {censored} I've seen he's using a strat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fender_Jag-Stang

• Members

...waaat?
:freak:
Kinda mind blowing considering he destroyed {censored} all the time.

I forget the story I haven't read up on my Cobain history in a long time. His Jaguar was original 1965, and they used that guitar to model the Jag-Sang, so it seems he was at least partially sentimentally attached to it.

• Members

I forget the story I haven't read up on my Cobain history in a long time. His Jaguar was original 1965, and they used that guitar to model the Jag-Sang, so it seems he was at least partially sentimentally attached to it.

I see I see. Just kinda strange he'd be sentimental about ANYthing, tbh.

Archived