This is Jake E. Lee?

Crunchtime

• Members

^

I agree and I think there's alot of haters on here and in the world in general. It doesn't matter if it's Jake E. Lee, Eddie Van Halen, or .....(insert name of famous or once famous guitar player here). Every time a video is posted of of one of these guys that is no longer on top of the world, all the internet know-it-all's slaughter them. The truth is guys like Jake E. Lee have done what all the haters wish they could do. Play guitar for a living. It doesn't last forever for hardly anyone. Most players/bands that make it only get a few years on top if that. The thing to remember is these guys are just regular people in the end that live the rest of there lives after the limelight. Whatever all the never was's, including myself :), think of them they made it at some point and 99.999999% of the haters never have and never will.

• Members

Jake's best {censored} was with Badlands, IMO. That band was just epic {censored}ing win for three {censored}ing GREAT records until egos tore it apart and Ray died from AIDS.

Ray is my all-time favorite singer, even above Dio. I at least got to see them once headlining on the Voodoo Highway tour and got to meet them afterwards. They were an AMAZING band with incredible songs, HUGE riffs, and Ray's equal parts angelic and demonic howl. {censored} I miss that band!

• Members

Jake's best {censored} was with Badlands, IMO. That band was just epic {censored}ing win for three {censored}ing GREAT records until egos tore it apart and Ray died from AIDS.

Ray is my all-time favorite singer, even above Dio. I at least got to see them once headlining on the Voodoo Highway tour and got to meet them afterwards. They were an AMAZING band with incredible songs, HUGE riffs, and Ray's equal parts angelic and demonic howl. {censored} I miss that band!

Love me some Badlands. We play two of theirs in our set (Dreams in the Dark and Winter's Call). Nobody really knows them, and we generall get a tepid response, but {censored} it, I love to play them. As far as this vid goes....:facepalm: Don't do meth, kids.

• Members
why would you bother using an exotic tuning for a {censored}ing song like that?
:lol:

The song was originally written in A, but Oz felt more comfortable in B. They transposed the song up two steps, but that meant that the pedal tone rhythm would now require a 6 fret stretch to play the chords and the pedal tone (now a B). To compensate, Jake tuned the A and E strings up.

Archived