patch cables that look like George L's but dont anal rape you while you sleep?

Y0UNGBL00D

• Members
Make your own man! It's pretty easy and super cheap. Even if you have no experience with soldering you can learn quick.
www.redco.com

i know how to solder, and make cables. basically im looking for a cheap way to get a reel of cable and a bunch of lo-pro right angle connectors on the cheap. i doubt george L builds the {censored}ing things. let me at em!

• Members

but see, all of these kits come with "all you need to make up to 5 patch cables!!!"

what kind of caveman mother{censored}er only uses 5 patch cables? (dont answer that, metal cretons) and for $50!?! suck my dick!

$50 bargain! I needed 10 cables, two kits - $200, 4 dimarzio cables (damn effects loops) - $60 times 4. $440 total fml.

• Members

amps involve time, effort, and intelligence to design and build. cables do not.

on the birght side, i just diagramed out my board and only need 6 patches! :facepalm:

as i was warming up to the george L price i realized something: the more i bitch, and the more i search in vain, the more attractive the price becomes. cant....abandon....principles...... {censored}, ill porlly end up buying it. its {censored}ing horse{censored} though.

• Members

Cables cost so much because connectors cost so damned much these days. Anyone who works in hardware knows the costs of headers, sockets, plugs, etc has gone through the roof in recent years. 6mm instrument connectors are no different.

I remember paying 99p for decent connectors in 2002. The same connectors now even in bulk are a fiver each.

Suck it up, it's what decent connectors cost.

Also I use planet waves cables nearly exclusively and I've never had a problem. In fact I've had the same quad of 12m cables for my gig rig for 4 years and they're still good.

Archived