patch cables that look like George L's but dont anal rape you while you sleep?

Y0UNGBL00D

• Members

i know how to solder, and make cables. basically im looking for a cheap way to get a reel of cable and a bunch of lo-pro right angle connectors on the cheap. i doubt george L builds the {censored}ing things. let me at em!

So buy a bulk reel of cable and a bag of ends? Most Neutrik connectors are still going cost you about $2 per end...depending on which one you want they'll cost even more. Based on that, making a 1' long cable out of GS-6 is still going to cost you about $5 in parts & materials. Add more if you want heatshrink, techflex, and all that good stuff.

George L's are easy because they don't involve soldering, the ends are so low profile, and the cable itself is tiny. I've got my whole board done up with them. Sometimes you can find good deals on the forums from people unloading all of the stuff...

• Members

Just curious...why not Planet Waves.. I LOVE my cables and they're easy as heck to make.

because i {censored}ing told you not to!!!!

nah srs, bc i already have the planet waves. pretty good for the most part, but i want lower-profile connectors with less stiff cable. that {censored} feels like there is a coat hanger going down the middle of it or something (exaggeration of course). the cutter is EXTREMELY {censored}ty as well.

looks like i WILL end up with the L's. can't deny the awesomeness at the end of the day. but why are connectors so much? some weird US/China manufacturing shift? does nobody make 1/4" plugs anymore?

• Members

but why are connectors so much? some weird US/China manufacturing shift? does nobody make 1/4" plugs anymore?

How much are they these days anyways? I suspect it's because they are non standard, with the whole solderless business. They were also one of the first to offer a product like this. L^va and PW just followed suit once they realized there was a market for such a thing.

Archived