What's your favorite p90...and why?

Dolf

• Members

Not sure about favorite but I can tell you stay far far away from the Duncan P90s

lol, why is that?

Also lollar makes a handful of different p90s. Is it the standard run that you like, the 50s p90, the overwound...what :)

• Members

lol, why is that?

Also lollar makes a handful of different p90s. Is it the standard run that you like, the 50s p90, the overwound...what
:)

Because they suck, I thought this was obvious.

For realz though they sound thin and don't have the attack of a single coil and even their "standard" is way too hot IMO

• Members

lol, why is that?

Also lollar makes a handful of different p90s. Is it the standard run that you like, the 50s p90, the overwound...what
:)

Because they suck, I thought this was obvious.

For realz though they sound thin and don't have the attack of a single coil and even their "standard" is way too hot IMO

• Members

sorry, teh standards. just the perfect mix of gritty growl and mids. my bandmate picked it up the other day and was loving it. said it was the first time he really nailed this particular solo, he said his guitar just didnt have the same output and cut on the same amp and pedal settings he uses his guitar on.

• Members

Seeing as the only P90 I've used yet is the GFS Dream 90 in the bridge of my Agile, well, its my favorite by default. However, I want to try lots more because I love the sound.
:D

The dream isn't even really a p90, it's almost a strat pickup. The Mean90 is the "p90" in a buckershell from GFS

• Members

The dream isn't even really a p90, it's almost a strat pickup. The Mean90 is the "p90" in a buckershell from GFS

yeah, I figure if I like this, I'll love getting a "real" on in there. A mean 90, a killer fuzz, and I can pretend i'm good!

You've mentioned the Mean90 before (notice my WTB :D ) and they are cheap! But, after vacation, other life things are taking my monies. And I have a feeling other life things will keep coming up. And they just changed my pay plan at work. *Sigh*

• Members

I really like the stock Duncan Designed's in my Squire Tele Custom II, i dont know what they are based off of but the end result is awesome.

I didnt like Dream 90's, Mean 90's or Phat Cats though, all were on the brighter side of p-90 tone which is not what i like, i tend to go more for an Iommi sort of tone from p90s.

Archived