Wow, interesting show with Dokken this weekend

sahlomonic

• Members

My friend works security at a local club here. A first time promoter booked some rapper guy that I've never heard of for a $15K guarantee ({censored}ing outrageous). He knew nothing about contracts or otherwise, so the rapper booked a same day, same town show at another club, for $500, but earlier in the day. The promoter (who was some trust fund kid in his early 20's) also didn't limit the number of people that were "in the opening acts" (which were local). So he had the local acts rolling in with 15-20 people in the band, who all took the stage and danced while the local "rapper" spouted some {censored}.

All told I think that the kid sold maybe 100 tickets and the place was at near capacity of 1200. Add in the rental of the club, plus security and they figure that the kid lost around $20K on his first show.

Back on topic of Dokken, it really sucks for Don and the guys, but that's what guarantees are for.

• Members
My friend works security at a local club here. A first time promoter booked some rapper guy that I've never heard of for a $15K guarantee ({censored}ing outrageous). He knew nothing about contracts or otherwise, so the rapper booked a same day, same town show at another club, for $500, but earlier in the day. The promoter (who was some trust fund kid in his early 20's) also didn't limit the number of people that were "in the opening acts" (which were local). So he had the local acts rolling in with 15-20 people in the band, who all took the stage and danced while the local "rapper" spouted some {censored}.

All told I think that the kid sold maybe 100 tickets and the place was at near capacity of 1200. Add in the rental of the club, plus security and they figure that the kid lost around $20K on his first show.

Back on topic of Dokken, it really sucks for Don and the guys, but that's what guarantees are for.

Don has burned alot of peeps in music in the last 30 years, he has a rep of not working & playing well with others, thats on him, it also sounds like he may be back on the sauce after a stint in rehab, wouldn't be surprised if he pulls a Jani Lane.

• Members

:o

Thats Juan Croucher on bass who went on to RATT when Pilson hooked up with DOKKEN, i saw DOKKEN in 1982' at Mississippi Nights in St. Louis, George played out of five 4x12 cabs, they were so loud everything was distorted, Mick Browns drums were crushing, my hearing was fecked up for days after.:eek::eek::eek:

• Members

That promoter is an idiot. If he thought there was anyway possible that he was gonna make $50k back off of that show , hes delusional. That being said , I wouldve thought there would be more than 12 people there. Not a lot more , but at least a few more

• Members

That promoter is an idiot. If he thought there was anyway possible that he was gonna make $50k back off of that show , hes delusional. That being said , I wouldve thought there would be more than 12 people there. Not a lot more , but at least a few more

What puzzles me even more, is that it was a benefit concert for the MN tornado victims. If the promoter grossed about $20k in ticket sales, after donations (?), what's left over?

Again, just the rumors that were floating around. I really have no idea how well it was promoted, other than one of the guys saying they posted on several websites. To me, that hardly counts as advertising/promoting.

• Members
So the other day I was at the Viper Room waiting in line to use the bathroom and this old dude starts a conversation... bunch of nostalgic bull{censored} about how the strip is not the same anymore, no good music these days blah blah... typical old people in Hollywood BS, whatever...

Anyway, a few minutes into the conversation I introduce myself and ask him his name and he puffs up his chest and says: " I'm Don Dokken" I look at him more closely and sure enough, that was him.... what a sorry mess of a person that guy is now, I could barely recognize him.

• 7 months later...

Archived