Damn you tel HELL American Musical Supply and your 5 pay plan

FearTheVoices

• Members

So they ship a brand new product to you and you pay for it for 5 months? Its not a layaway program or anything like that?

Ya, They do a quick credit check i believe though...Cant remember but i imagine they did..

I bought this Ibanez

http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-IBA-RG3550MZ-LIST

for $1350 back a couple days before 4th of July and it was $275 a month, about to make my last payment :)

• Members

They also just did (may still be happening) a 25 year anniversary 12 month, no interest deal. And that's how they got me to spend a grand on new quipments. I don't think it's much of a credit check, more like a verification process. Making sure that you are who you say you are and employed and such. Basically, they just take the money out of your account once a month. If you're account doesn't have adequate funds, they still get their money. You just get effed.

• Members

I think I have 3 multi-payment purchases working right now :). Just bought another HT-5, the 6505 a couple of weeks ago, and I think there is 1 more payment left on my Paul Allender SE. Multi-payments is almost as bad for me as a credit card...almost. Thank god I haven't had one of those for over 10 years now.

• Members

I buy new equipment on 0% finance all the time. I think it's great. My money's making interest in my current account (not the best I know) and the finance is free (OK I know you pay it on the product you buy but whatever).

Its the only way bigger ticket items get sold these days. I know a few shops who do the Take It Away and by all accounts, 95% of their higher priced items, as in anything over

• Members

I cant imagine doing that for guitar gear

only think Ive done that on is houses, which in Australia at least are appreciating assets

cars I can understand if you need one for survival, but not a guitar

could just be me, I know plenty of people who do this for everything, tv's, sofa etc.

Archived