Waiting on the man in brown

blazingblake

• Members

It finally got here at 540 pm you cant tell its a 45 y/o amp it's all and is quite no humming or buzzing. Its not very loud for a 2x 12 amp though pushing 35 or so watts i'm going to get some good jensens and put in it. The seller said its louder with better speakers it sure has sweet clean tone and you can always dirty up a clean tone. I need to sell some gear now I have to many amps I have 4 airlines now 2 9013's a 9131, and a 9015. Anyone want a 9013 for a good price pm me/

• Members

Use C12N Jensens...If it's still not loud enough I can think of some tweaks inside that would make it louder like increasing the plate voltage to the power tubes, maybe a little more gain by messing with the cathode caps on the preamp tubes. I'd need a schematic.

• Members

How do you increase the plate voltage, and the cathode caps would that be lower or higher values? i've done just a little amp work put new caps on an old gibson it worked ok afterwards and then later I did some more to it took a wire off couldnt remember which teminal it was attached to and burned it up it smoked lol. Oh well I only paid a little over a 100 for it. I may use the chassis to build something else.

Archived