Just got out of the studio -- Marshall, Soldano, Vox, Hiwatt content

Deadbeat Son

• Members

Just finished up recording of our new EP.

Here are two tracks:

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=11219939&q=hi&newref=1

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=11219940&q=hi

Some of the gear used includes:

Guitar Left: Gibson ES-137 into '77 Marshall JMP 2204 into 1960BX with Greenbacks

Guitar Right: Fender Telecaster with Little '59 into Vox AC15 into same 1960BX

Lead Guitar: Gibson ES-137 into Soldano Decatone into 1960A with 12-75s

Bass Guitar: Modulus Flea 4 into 1972 Hiwatt "custom built" 200 watt head into matching 215 cab

Thanks for listening!

• Members

Sounds really good man!! Personally, I'd like the rhythm guitars just a touch louder, but thats just a matter of taste. That tone is so nice dude
:love:

Thanks for listening man! I just got the mastered version today, and I think the overall EQ has the bass burying the guitar a bit. I'm going to have to give it a more thorough listen tomorrow (read: all day) and see what I think then. May have the engineer make some slight adjustments.

• Members

Thanks for listening man! I just got the mastered version today, and I think the overall EQ has the bass burying the guitar a bit. I'm going to have to give it a more thorough listen tomorrow (read: all day) and see what I think then. May have the engineer make some slight adjustments.

Yeah dude, I'd agree with the assessment, the bass is popping out a little more than it should imo.

That said it still sounds killer dude, this is all just nitpicking

• Members

My GAWD, those are lovely tones, and the production is stellar, at least to my layperson's ears. So jelly! My home recordings sure don't sound like y'all's pro studio results, natch!
:lol:

Great rock and/or roll, mang ~ well done!
:rawk:

Thanks a ton mang! I've heard some great stuff from you in the past, so that means a lot.

As to the pro studio, it's a home studio in a guy's basement. He only charges $200/10hr day to record, but he does a hell of a good job with what he has available. :thu:

• Members

I like it. Has kind of a Social Distortion only faster kind of feel. Is that your gear or is it the property of the studio?

Thanks man! All of the gear was mine except for the '72 Hiwatt bass rig and the Modulus bass. The bass guitar belongs to my bass player, and the Hiwatt was on loan to the studio from Hot Rod Circuit's guitar player.

• Members
Thanks a ton mang! I've heard some great stuff from you in the past, so that means a lot.

As to the pro studio, it's a home studio in a guy's basement. He only charges $200/10hr day to record, but he does a hell of a good job with what he has available.
:thu:

A) Basement or not, dude knows what he's doing ~ I'd say he's worth every penny. :thu:

B) You're like *entirely* too kind, but thanks. :)

Archived