Jim Beam FTL

Ovid9

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Eh, I'll drink anything, especially if it's free. :)

I do however prefer Scotch first, and it doesn't absolutely have to be a single malt that costs $200 a bottle. I'm not proud. I'll drink Johnny {censored}ing Walker Red if there's nothing else nearby. I've also guzzled my fair share of Jim Beam, JD, Wild Turkey, Canadian Club, Crown Royal, and lots of other cheap {censored}.

When you wake up half naked in a ditch, and have no idea what happened since 5pm the previous day, it really doesn't matter much what you were drinking does it?

• Members

I like Jim over Jack. In regard to your smokey taste comment, you do realize how bourbon is made don't you?

Yes. I do. Now that I can clearly think about it.

Over in the whiskey thread I posted how I was drinking some of the Jim on the rocks tonight. I think it was just the jarring difference between the blended mixer to the bourbon mixer. I'm a noob, in many ways.

The Jim isn't bad at all, but homewrecker (and other's) suggestion of Buffalo Trace for a bourbon is spot on. SPOT FREAKING ON!

So, please ignore most of my half drunken ramblings from last night. :D

• Members

The {censored} is it with people being cheap with their drinks on here?

Spend a few dollars more for Jack and actually be able to finish a bottle.

Jack used to be semi acceptable,..then they went to 80 proof. Thumbs {censored}ing down.

There are so many better, cheaper choices over both Jack and Jim Beam.

• Members

Speaking o Russian beer, some of the baltikas are freakin nasty!

That's what I had. :lol: I like the dark lager. Their wheat beer or ale...i forget which, is horrible. Just awful. But the dark lager is yummy.

Oh, i've discovered how to drink guinness black lager. Have about 10 oz of whiskey and a couple of beers over a few hours and suddenly you don't care as much it tastes like {censored}.

• Members

That's what I had.
:lol:
I like the dark lager. Their wheat beer or ale...i forget which, is horrible. Just awful. But the dark lager is yummy.

Oh, i've discovered how to drink guinness black lager. Have about 10 oz of whiskey and a couple of beers over a few hours and suddenly you don't care
as much
it tastes like {censored}.

agreed.

:thu:

Played tonight. drunk. I rocked the Wren & Cuff Tall Font Russian. {censored}in sick. pretty similar to the SUF Civil War, but still pretty close. fun stuff!@!!!

• Members

agreed.

:thu:

Played tonight. drunk. I rocked the Wren & Cuff Tall Font Russian. {censored}in sick. pretty similar to the SUF Civil War, but still pretty close. fun stuff!@!!!

Nice! Is that the pedal that has the "muff" graphic on it?

Ooooh, since you're here, have you had any experience with Wilson effects? The Stoned Grasshopper and Shocktavia are sexy to me. What octave fuzzes do you like?

• Members

Nice! Is that the pedal that has the "muff" graphic on it?

Ooooh, since you're here, have you had any experience with Wilson effects? The Stoned Grasshopper and Shocktavia are sexy to me. What octave fuzzes do you like?

no, that's the tri pi 70, killer pedal also, btw.

never heard of wilson.

I don't like octave fuzzes. :(

• Members
no, that's the tri pi 70, killer pedal also, btw.

never heard of wilson.

I don't like octave fuzzes.
:(

I just remember you posting the pic and it took me a bit to get it and then, well, its all I see when I see a pic of the pedal now. :lol:

Ahhh, okies. Here's the Jet City Music demo of the Stoned Grasshopper just cause. :D

No love for octave fuzz. That's cool. I've never actually messed around in one. I figured it'd be away I could play in my basement and pretend I have someone playing with me. :lol:

Archived