NAD!!!! Peavey VTM with some sadness and questions....

Ovid9

• Members

You can get them directly from Peavey's parts department.

Just give them a call. Don't e-mail...their e-mail service sucks.

You just have to order a "head cabinet" and make sure that you get all of the extras that go with it (handle, feet, vent cover, corner covers).

It'll be like $150 and look like this when you're done:

sexyvtm.jpg

Suh-WHEET! :D

I will keep this in mind for a future purchase.

I like how you have that pic labeled "sexyvtm" :thu:

I like how the FX loop is in the front. The way my basement is set up, I might actually use my loop once in awhile. :D

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Peavey rocks for ordering parts. I had a Wolfgang that was missing a bunch of bits and they hooked me up no sweat.

Hope you get everything sorted out with that amp. I'd be all like "wtf" if I bought an amp that was described as "ready-to-go" and it showed up like that. Definitely leave negative feedback even if buddy is accommodating. It's a-holes who leave positive feedback in spite of issues who really f*** up ebay.

• Members

SWEET MERCIFUL MOTHER OF GOD!!!!!
:eek:

Fuse did the trick. Have to wrap some tape on the cord, will prolly do the fix myself here one of these days.

I think this thing could level my house. Seriously, this thing opened wide up, could probably bring my house crashing in on itself and I would die crushed and happy in the rubble. This is so much more amp than I have any use for and it makes me gloriously happy!

Thanks for your helpful input dudes, Brendan I'll keep my eye out for 5150 headshells as wrestling this thing down my narrow old stairs with the chimney right next to them was an adventure.
:lol:

Sadly, I must stop destroying my hearing and do the dishes. However, tomorrow since I get off work at 12:30....tomorrow after I bring teh ROCK!

They have way more low end than you're expecting right? I was surprised the first time I plugged into Brendans. Also, it looks way better in that 5150 headshell. :eek:

• Members
Suh-WHEET!
:D

I will keep this in mind for a future purchase.

I like how you have that pic labeled "sexyvtm"
:thu:

I like how the FX loop is in the front. The way my basement is set up, I might actually use my loop once in awhile.

I loved it when I had the G System's brain on the floorboard, setting up was easy. When I had it rackmounted, cabling was a bitch. :lol:

• Members

I loved it when I had the G System's brain on the floorboard, setting up was easy. When I had it rackmounted, cabling was a bitch.
:lol:

:lol: Yeah, I could see that not being as handy for rackmounting. I just have pedals strewn about though. Next project, pedalboard and a pedal power supply that doesn't add silly amounts of noise to my setup. :D

• Members

Next project, pedalboard and a pedal power supply that doesn't add silly amounts of noise to my setup.

If you're interested in DIY, I've got a design for a modular fully-isolated and regulated supply that will do the trick.

Also - I forgot to say it before, but congrats on the NAD!

• Members
If you're interested in DIY, I've got a design for a modular fully-isolated and regulated supply that will do the trick.

Also - I forgot to say it before, but congrats on the NAD!

First, congrats Ovid on teh new mapz. I think you need more Peavey amps, though. :cop:

And sixton, I'd be interested in seeing this design. I'm working on a design for a DIY pedalboard based a bit on the Helweg pedalboards and will be needing some powering device.

• Members

And sixton, I'd be interested in seeing this design. I'm working on a design for a DIY pedalboard based a bit on the Helweg pedalboards and will be needing some powering device.

Cool. I'll work on getting the schematic put together and send it your way.

• Members

Congrats on getting working. Now, we just need to see if the fuse holds out. Looks like you got yourself a good 'un son..a real man's amp! haha That Bravo is gonna get neglected. :( BTW, I changed to new JJ tubes on mine if you recall. After playing with it a while, I think I like the older tubes better. Nothing wrong with the JJ's mind you, slighty more volume, a little more crunch, a little more clarity, but they don't have the warmth and sustain that the older tubes had. Its a tradeoff I suppose. Maybe I should try combining them in various configs to see I can find a balance. Next up, speaker swap! Do you still have the original speaker in your Bravo? Probably no reason to change if you were running through the 2 x 12, huh?

• Members

Congrats on getting working. Now, we just need to see if the fuse holds out. Looks like you got yourself a good 'un son..a real man's amp! haha That Bravo is gonna get neglected.
:(
BTW, I changed to new JJ tubes on mine if you recall. After playing with it a while, I think I like the older tubes better. Nothing wrong with the JJ's mind you, slighty more volume, a little more crunch, a little more clarity, but they don't have the warmth and sustain that the older tubes had. Its a tradeoff I suppose. Maybe I should try combining them in various configs to see I can find a balance. Next up, speaker swap! Do you still have the original speaker in your Bravo? Probably no reason to change if you were running through the 2 x 12, huh?

Still plenty of reason to use the Bravo! Great amp in its own right and totally different feel than the VTM.

• Members
You can get them directly from Peavey's parts department.

Just give them a call. Don't e-mail...their e-mail service sucks.

You just have to order a "head cabinet" and make sure that you get all of the extras that go with it (handle, feet, vent cover, corner covers).

It'll be like $150 and look like this when you're done:

sexyvtm.jpg

I'm probably the only one that likes the VTMs/Butchers in their original shell. They just look odd/out of proportion when placed in a different head cab.

Either way, congrats Ovid on the VTM purchase!

:cool:

Archived