So my friend left his 6505 at my house for the night...

flyingrhoads

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How does being made in China make it a bad amp?

What amp, (that is made up of Chinese components) do you have, that is so much "better"?

I only buy amps built in America with American parts.

That being said..I play this

210ce-72bce37c281c3f13bc68243e411a61d8.j

• Members

How does being made in China make it a bad amp?

What amp, (that is made up of Chinese components) do you have, that is so much "better"?

I've had to many Chinese amps and have spent more than I want to admit on having them repaired. Being broke down at a gig isn't any fun. I baby my amps as well. The last two amps I have owned are Splawn. They may have something Chinese in them but ...very little (made in Dallas ,NC). People like what they are gonna like and I am not gonna tell them any different. If they like it, good for them.

Taking a mainstay such as a 5150 and making it overseas isn't the best idea. My old 5150 was a tank. This is the interwebs..don't take things so seriously mang..

• Members

I've had to many Chinese amps and have spent more than I want to admit on having them repaired. Being broke down at a gig isn't any fun. I baby my amps as well. The last two amps I have owned are Splawn. They may have something Chinese in them but ...very little (made in Dallas ,NC). People like what they are gonna like and I am not gonna tell them any different. If they like it, good for them.

Taking a mainstay such as a 5150 and making it overseas isn't the best idea. My old 5150 was a tank. This is the interwebs..don't take things so seriously mang..

Everything in your amp, except the trannys and possibly the tubes, were made in China. Chinese people are fully capable of making a quality product, as a whole they're smarter than us. Quality control can be an issue but Peavey would not outsource to a bad factory given their track record. 'Merkuns can make a {censored} product as well.

and... where did I get so serious? Just stating facts and asking legit questions. I'm not mad, bro. U mad?

For the record, I've owned over 20 amps (several Chinese), and the only one that broke was an Engl SE... the most expensive one I've ever owned. Don't think it had anything to do with where it was built though.

• Members

I must be weird, I can never get enough mids out of a 6505. I always played Gain 4, Bass 7, Mid 10, Treb 5.

I agree that the
is better than the head.

The 5150 is a very middy amp. I have to max the mids on the Recto to match the 5150's mids on like 2.

That being said, the mids on the 5150 are at a weird frequency that is sort of in between Mesa and Marshall, so they don't immediately honk out like some amps...

• Members

a blanket argument about sheep that like to pay money for brand names.

No different than, "you play a {censored}ing peavey". Just I spent less money for something that works better for me.

Well, for one thing, you're saying that about a brand that has proven themselves since the start of the electric instrument industry. If it weren't for Fender then a lot of the things we have today would either not be here or would be completely different.

Also, you saying that about him playing a Fender is the same principle of which you got butthurt about. Once again, you're just a big 'ol pile of, "Everything is my way or else." kind of a guy.

• Members

Everything in your amp, except the trannys and possibly the tubes, were made in China. Chinese people are fully capable of making a quality product, as a whole they're smarter than us. Quality control can be an issue but Peavey would not outsource to a bad factory given their track record. 'Merkuns can make a {censored} product as well.

and... where did I get so serious? Just stating facts and asking legit questions. I'm not mad, bro. U mad?

For the record, I've owned over 20 amps (several Chinese), and the only one that broke was an Engl SE... the most expensive one I've ever owned. Don't think it had anything to do with where it was built though.

I understand what your saying. Vox Ac15 and Ac30 is about the only chinese amp i would buy for the buck but aside from that, i wouldnt mind buying a cheap bugera for the right price and its made in china to.

Anywho Ill admit theres nothing wrong with chinese amps i would buy a Vox anyday without a wince, but the new 6505 the combo version 1x12 is just {censored} when compared to an american head, putting the fact aside that ones a combo and the other is a head obvios. The Chinese amp just isnt up to par, thats all im saying given the namesake, the American is clearly better. Have you played these amps next to each other?

Im not saying the chinese amps is crap, but in this case you have to give the win to the USA amp as far as quality and sound go.

• Members

Well, for one thing, you're saying that about a brand that has proven themselves since the start of the electric instrument industry. If it weren't for Fender then a lot of the things we have today would either not be here or would be completely different.

Also, you saying that about him playing a Fender is the same principle of which you got butthurt about. Once again, you're just a big 'ol pile of, "Everything is my way or else." kind of a guy.

Damn son. You really had to break it down for him. :lol:

In all fairness I was trolling. I dont have anything against Peavey. The mid voicing of a 5150 is actually really similar to my Peacemaker. :eek:

• Members

Internets=serious

But Peavey has proven themselves for decades as well.. They are a great company and I wouldnt say Fender is any better or worse, tbh

• Members
:lol:

If you can't get a 5150 to sound good then the fallowing:

Wrong cab noob.

Wrong guitar noob.

Wrong settings noob.

Wrong style noob.

:lol::thu:

And now for the standard A2M/Gape

Murder/Suicide

Wrong cab also falls under...Stock 5150 cab. I had one and when you did a palm mute, it sounded like a duck fart :idea:

• Members

Funny since at a time I owned both a 6505 and Blackmore. The Blackmore was like an even more sterile and lifeless 6505 without the balls.

Well...according to the responses here...you were DOIN IZT WORNZG YA RETYARD>

See how that works? Kinda fun....but doesn't really say anything. It's an auto response....much like. "I guess yer a homo then".

I gave the Blackmore a real shot...and I found it's as good as any other amp I tried...but then...I feel I'm a good player and adept enough to dial in most amps.

• Members

Well...according to the responses here...you were DOIN IZT WORNZG YA RETYARD>

See how that works? Kinda fun....but doesn't really say anything. It's an auto response....much like. "I guess yer a homo then".

I gave the Blackmore a real shot...and I found it's as good as any other amp I tried...but then...I feel I'm a good player and adept enough to dial in most amps.

:lol:

Don't get me wrong, I liked the Blackmore. But when I first got it my 6505+ needed a retube so I didn't A/B them any. I was really digging it, and then did some A/B tetsing after I got the 6505 retubed. I was left insanely meh about the Blackmore afterwards. I felt like it didn't have the punch at ALL that the 6505 had.

And believe it or not, I sold my 6505+ because after a while the fizz started grating on me, even with the amp above 3 o'clock 95% of the time.

Archived