Speaker Crackle....

itspat7285

• Members

I got a Peavey half stack with 4 12" celestions in it and when I went to play it I got a very dim sound. So I took off the back cover and tightened all the connections up. Then when I got it to play at full volume I noticed one of the speakers was crackling. I took the speaker out and it looks like its in good condition as far as I can tell, theres no cracks in the cone or anything. Is there anyway to check or fix this??

• Members

they're not full of crud, they're just attatch on connections and im pretty sure they are the speakers cuz they worked for a little bit after a long while of no play and they played fine but after about an hour or two of use the speaker just started crackling... still not positive if i should get a new speaker or not tho. would like to do some tests if possible to make sure.

• Moderators

they're not full of crud, they're just attatch on connections and im pretty sure they are the speakers cuz they worked for a little bit after a long while of no play and they played fine but after about an hour or two of use the speaker just started crackling... still not positive if i should get a new speaker or not tho. would like to do some tests if possible to make sure.

First thing in cases like this is to try the amp on different speakers and those speakers with a different amp. Make sure you use the same cables, because those could be the problem, too.

Archived