4 year wait on amp mods, pedals, and repairs. What say you, criminal?

Hardvalve

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

People need motivation. As it stands there is no leverage on your end or motivation to make things right with you as he appears to just be a huge assbag. With that said, time for you to create some motivation. Loss of kneecaps usually motivates people pretty well. Good luck.

• Members

{censored} that sucks. you can borrow my dog and show at his house if you want. he wont do anything (except roll over and wait for a belly scratch) but he looks pretty boss and gets drool everywhere so at least you got that going for you.

sorry dude, mojo sent. hope it works out and you can get your gear back and maintain the friendship somehow. i hear excuses from people in bad situations all day long and it surely gets annoying.

• Members

If you paid with Paypal, hopefully you have copies of the paypal reciepts.

Take action and make this right.

One time I sent a couple pedals to guy to work on. It was June. By October I was raising holy hell with him and finally got 'em back in November. Fortunately they sound great now and I'm happy with 'em.

There's a thread over on HCEG where the guy sent another guy a guitar to restore in the Spring of 2009. Nearly 3 years later and still a long way to go on that guitar. He posts pics of his progress every few months and everyone is like "oh that's so awesome..... beautiful work....... amazing......."

But I'm like "WTF is this taking you so long?" (I don't post that...... I just think it.)

• Members

Says they were close friends, probably gave him the benefit of the doubt until one day, "holy {censored}, its been 4 years." We've all been there in one way or another.

Pretty much it. At one time, my closest friend for several years....kind of makes me sick to my stomach I got taken by him. I am in Northern IL, he is about 20 hours away deep in the south. Like I said before, I won't say who it is, and most people here will never deal with him, so not worried about this happening to anyone else. I am calling the police in his area today, and having a lawyer send a letter requesting the money or a lawsuit. Hoping at least to shake things up.

• Members

Pretty much it. At one time, my closest friend for several years....kind of makes me sick to my stomach I got taken by him. I am in Northern IL, he is about 20 hours away deep in the south. Like I said before, I won't say who it is,
and most people here will never deal with him, so not worried about this happening to anyone else
. I am calling the police in his area today, and having a lawyer send a letter requesting the money or a lawsuit. Hoping at least to shake things up.

How can you be so certain?

Why are you protecting that asshat? He seems more than fine with taking your 5Gs and giving you squat for it.

• Members

How can you be so certain?

Why are you protecting that asshat? He seems more than fine with taking your 5Gs and giving you squat for it.

Mostly, he only deals with his dealers, and they take up 99% of his time, which is why there is such a long wait on his stuff. There is pretty much 0 chance anyone here will deal with him on a personal level. Once this is resolved, I may do that, for now it is best to keep the names private....He has proven to be dishonest and his word means jack to me at this point. If I am told too bad by everyone, and he refuses to resolve it, rest assured, I will be posting on every forum known to man.

• Members

If there is little chance we'll ever deal with him, there is little chance it will affect anything, so out him.

He can't sue you for defamation or anything if your claims are all true, and that's if he

A) found this thread

B) was pissed enough and shameless enough

C) had enough money to hire someone to plead his bull{censored} case he'd lose anyway

:idk:

• Members

He has given every excuse, ... economy, ... other clients on a higher priority than me.... He says he does not have the money...

If he has so many big clients beating down his door, how exactly the {censored} does he not have the money to cover what, in the business world, amounts to a pretty small transaction?

How is he even able to buy parts to cover his "big" clients' orders if he can't afford to refund money that he's been sitting on for years?

This guy is a scumbag, and I'm glad that you feel all warm and fuzzy that you had the privilege to let him keep your amps and money for several years, but the only people getting screwed by not releasing the builders name are his future clients. I can't wait until stories start popping up about this builder screwing people that you could have prevented.

Archived