The good-ass hip hop thread

spawnofthesith

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nope. Turning over a new leaf
:thu:

So the new leaf is being passive aggressive?

GTFO of here son, so much great hip hop out there. Saying it isn't music is nothing short of ignorant.

If you were truly keeping your words to yourself you wouldn't have opened this thread let alone posted in it twice.

More awesome hip hop stuffs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PITNYQtZWFE

Soooooo much more great stuff out there, these are just some of my personal favorites.

• Members

What he said^^^^ There's no way you can go listen to some of Drake's deep tracks and tell me that's not music. His stuff isn't just my favorite hip hop, it's some of my favorite music of all time. And I don't even really like hip hop.

Also, Kanye West's 808's and Heartbreak is an amazing album. Even though it's auto-tuned. And he's a dick.

• Members
Are (w)Rappers considered Musicians or street rhymers?
:wave:

Anyone who considers rappers to be musicians should be shot execution style before they can deplete the gene pool any further.

I must say, I totally thought that this thread was a joke in the vein of the "Shortest books ever written" thread a while back, which the collection of "good hip hop" would no doubt fall under. Hip Hop is essentially the Special Olympics of music, so I understand why retards gravitate to it, but for anyone to mistake those people for musicians is equal parts hilarious and disturbing.

• Members

Anyone who considers rappers to be musicians should be shot execution style before they can deplete the gene pool any further.

I must say, I totally thought that this thread was a joke in the vein of the "Shortest books ever written" thread a while back, which the collection of "good hip hop" would no doubt fall under. Hip Hop is essentially the Special Olympics of music, so I understand why retards gravitate to it, but for anyone to mistake those people for musicians is equal parts hilarious and disturbing.

What people were saying about rock and roll in the 50s.

• Members

so much great hip hop out there. Saying it isn't music is nothing short of ignorant.

Technically it's music, in the same way that technically vomit is food. I could fart into a microphone and call it music and technically I'm correct, so calling hip hop "music" is using the term loosely, to say the least.

Hip hop has no musical value, but it's comedic value is off the charts. I literally laugh my ass off when I put on Fuse and it's a time of day that they are playing lots of hip hop. The fact that it's purely a lyrical art, and yet most of the lyrics sound like they were written by someone with brain damage speaks volumes about how completely talentless the whole genre is. The fact that musically it's pathetic is bad enough, but the fact that the only thing they even put any work into, the lyrics, are equally pathetic is just sad.

• Members

Technically it's music, in the same way that technically vomit is food. I could fart into a microphone and call it music and technically I'm correct, so calling hip hop "music" is using the term loosely, to say the least.

Hip hop has no musical value, but it's comedic value is off the charts. I literally laugh my ass off when I put on Fuse and it's a time of day that they are playing lots of hip hop. The fact that it's purely a lyrical art, and yet most of the lyrics sound like they were written by someone with brain damage speaks volumes about how completely talentless the whole genre is. The fact that musically it's pathetic is bad enough, but the fact that the only thing they even put any work into, the lyrics, are equally pathetic is just sad.

I've been watching TV. I've decided that rock music is only made by inbred dumb-{censored}s. It all sounds the same. Any idiot can pick up a guitar and fart out three notes. It's sort of shocking just how much work they put into something so idiotic, and it's still not any good. There hasn't been a single good rock band, ever. The entire form of "music" of rock is, at best, a bunch of meat-headed rednecks who are angry at their parents. Anyone who likes rock, or listens to rock, shouldn't be allowed near an instrument, let alone a venue. If you like rock, you're probable huffing paint and have a low sperm count.

• Members

I've been watching TV. I've decided that rock music is only made by inbred dumb-{censored}s. It all sounds the same. Any idiot can pick up a guitar and fart out three notes. It's sort of shocking just how much work they put into something so idiotic, and it's still not any good. There hasn't been a single good rock band, ever. The entire form of "music" of rock is, at best, a bunch of meat-headed rednecks who are angry at their parents. Anyone who likes rock, or listens to rock, shouldn't be allowed near an instrument, let alone a venue. If you like rock, you're probable huffing paint and have a low sperm count.

Exhibit A of why inbreeding is illegal. Please don't marry your cousin, the cycle needs to be broken.

Archived