So Mini amps are popular now?

Cliff Fiscal

• Members
^ hoooop.

way over your head there. some one explain it him. you guys lack imagination?

why his "MINI RECTO" isnt a rectofier. i know its for real you guys, it just not a rectifier not even in spirit if you ask me once you cut down that much wattage, anymore than an AC15 is an AC30, not even the same.

You really do look like this don't you...

340x_hipsterbg.jpg

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like the smaller wattage amps because I can crank them and get a nice mix of power tube and preamp distortion...I disagree that power amp distortion is undesireable for metal music.

Drakkar is right, the ultra series is awesome at lower volumes, especially with decent tubes in them, that was one of my favorite things about my ultra.

• Members

I have to admit that I am a fan of Mini amps - I have 4. 3 of them are useable live, one of them is actually 50W - just in a small box.

A big part of what got me into Mini amps is that I can't use a 4x12 - they won't fit in my car. The other contributor was I don't play in places big enough to let higher power amps breathe the way I would like.

To the folks that prefer bigger amps and half/full stacks, I say more power to ya. But for my needs, I get all the tone I need from a 20W head and 2x12 turned up. I don't see why one is necessarily better than the other.

Archived