Marshall 5150 amp is worth?????

race81

• Members

Im still trying to figure out how you can tell me its "worth", but not have a clue to its actual existence........

Fine, would you rather hear "oh my god, a solid state Marshall!!! It's priceless. Great find. You'll get a fortune for it!"?

It's a solid state Marshall from the 80s. They made them for a very short while because people did not like them that much. If it was a great amp they would have continued the line longer.

• Members

Just thought maybe someone in the amps forum would know the value............but dont say you dont know the product, and shoot off a price. Im not looking for kudo,s, pat on the back, and Im not trying to sell it to anyone here. Many instrument lines have been short lived and are still desireable to some.

Fine, would you rather hear "oh my god, a solid state Marshall!!! It's priceless. Great find. You'll get a fortune for it!"?

It's a solid state Marshall from the 80s. They made them for a very short while because people did not like them that much. If it was a great amp they would have continued the line longer.

• Members

Just thought maybe someone in the amps forum would know the value............but dont say you dont know the product, and shoot off a price. Im not looking for kudo,s, pat on the back, and Im not trying to sell it to anyone here. Many instrument lines have been short lived and are still desireable to some.

Where did I say I don't know the product? I mentioned the 5010 which is another model in the same line. Regardless of knowing every model in their solid state line, I assure you it isn't a valuable piece.

• Members

Im still trying to figure out how you can tell me its "worth", but not have a clue to its actual existence........

alot of us follow the used gear market very closely.

generally those late 70's/80's marshall SS amps are all basicly in the same catagory of 'not so desirable', and are priced accordingly. you'd be lucky to get $200.

sorry if thats not what you're looking to hear, if its not worth it to sell to you, just keep it around as a back up.

Archived