Laney IRT60-212 on the way!!!

mr. moon

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Interesting, does it not still have that signiture Laney high gain sound?

There aren't many vids on this model of the Ironheart on youtube. It is a shame because I think given the insentive more people would buy it.

The crunch channel is a copy of the VH/GH lead channel, it'll do the VH100 drive sound all day long!

• Members

Since these are essentially being mass produced on a production line, I have a great business model idea for Laney. How about putting these into stores in the U.S. so people can try these out? According to their website, the only place in the U.S. is their distributor in New Jersey.

• Members

Since these are essentially being mass produced on a production line, I have a great business model idea for Laney. How about putting these into stores in the U.S. so people can try these out? According to their website, the only place in the U.S. is their distributor in New Jersey.

It's tough finding them in stores to try out in England. I've been to loads and not found a single one. I'd have to have a Laney supplier have one brought in.

• Members

It's tough finding them in stores to try out in England. I've been to loads and not found a single one. I'd have to have a Laney supplier have one brought in.

GuitarGuitar in Epsom.

The main problem Laney dealers have is keeping them in stock, i know of one shop that shifted 2x IRT120h & 2x IRT60h plus 3 IRT cabs last weekend.

• Members

The crunch channel is a copy of the VH/GH lead channel, it'll do the VH100 drive sound all day long!

Having owned a GH50L for years: no, it's not. The Ironheart is smoother, tighter, and has much less high end. Much more modern sounding than the GH amps. There's also no difference between the crunch and lead channels in tone or gain on the Ironheart.

It still sounds like a Laney, but more AOR than GH/VH, IMO. It'll do something 'similar' to a GH, but it's not a copy at all.

• Members

I bought mine from Zzounds(Same Day Music/American Musical Supply, all the same), figured I could just return it if it sucked. :lol:

• Members

Woooo - where at in Jersey? I wanna try out the 60w head. I'm torn between the 5150 III and this being my next amp head.

• Members

Hi, me again. Nice to see the thread has been resurrected.

Bad news: I was (un)lucky enough to discover how non-existent the Laney warranty support is here in the states. I had both pilot lights start to flicker intermittently after about 31 days of owning the amp, which in and of itself wouldn't bother me, but I just wanted to be sure that the flickering wasn't due to anything major power-related with the amp. long story short, the US distributor made arrangements to have a local amp tech look it over on their dime, just to check it out, and luckily it's just due to a couple of junk pilot light assemblies which appears to be a common issue with this line of Laneys.

Good News: This thing KILLS! I bought it sight unseen as I was just about to drop $ for a Peavey 6505+ 1x12 combo just to have something for gigging and to have an amp with a more "modern" sound (whatever that means, I would just say "heavy") than my FJA modded Marshall DSL100. I'm glad I stumbled upon this one, as it has the 3 channels I was looking for in a gigging amp (1 clean, 1 rhythm, & 1 lead), and the rhythm channel actually sounds excellent, just as heavy, loud, & nasty as the lead channel. The combo itself sounds good enough for smaller gigs, especially if it's mic'ed, but when I use it with my Avatar 2x12 Contemporary cab (loaded with one v30 and one gt-100), it really kicks with a great amount of low end. No buzzy uber high-end on this amp, which I can recall my old AOR50 had years back.

I don't have anything recorded with it as of yet, sorry (no decent vid recorder and currently too busy with life & pre-production on some new tunes to do it justice). Once I get something recorded and posted, I'll let you know.... Lame, yes, but time's pretty tight right now

• Members

Having owned a GH50L for years: no, it's not. The Ironheart is smoother, tighter, and has much less high end. Much more modern sounding than the GH amps. There's also no difference between the crunch and lead channels in tone or gain on the Ironheart.

It still sounds like a Laney, but more AOR than GH/VH, IMO. It'll do something 'similar' to a GH, but it's not a copy at all.

I found that the crunch set to the magic everything on six was pretty much bang on the setting i use on the GH50l. The Ironheart seems less sensitive to speaker choice than the GH's but i think it nails the GH tone all day long.

Wait til you see what Laney has up its sleeve next, their next big release is going to be THE high gain amp.

• Members

Wait til you see what Laney has up its sleeve next, their next big release is going to be THE high gain amp.

{censored} you. Seriously. And {censored} Laney. Can they stop releasing cool amps? I have the worst possible GAS and not enough money. Go die Timmy. Go die.

:)

• Members

I've been looking at this too...between this and the Legacy 3, and the 5150 III mini, I'm gonna have to start selling blood or robbing liquor stores to afford anything else. I just tripled down on the another MTS amp and a couple of modules, so I'm squarely in the "gotta sell some {censored}" boat myself. It's so bad I'm actually thinking of selling a few guns to fund my GAS.

• Members

GuitarGuitar in Epsom.

The main problem Laney dealers have is keeping them in stock, i know of one shop that shifted 2x IRT120h & 2x IRT60h plus 3 IRT cabs last weekend.

I checked their site they dont seem to have IRT60 212 so I droppped them

an email. Pain to get to but not nearly as bad as going to sheffield to pick one up from a guitar shop there.

• Members

good deal mr. moon

The best part? ...Seems that the dealership I purchased it from had it miss-tagged, about 200 bucks less than it should have been tagged, but they stood by the price, so I REALLY got a good deal!

Karma, baby! ...Gotta love it!

;)

• Members

I found that the crunch set to the magic everything on six was pretty much bang on the setting i use on the GH50l. The Ironheart seems less sensitive to speaker choice than the GH's but i think it nails the GH tone all day long.

Brit made contender to Diezel Herbert? :D

• Members

Hi, me again. Nice to see the thread has been resurrected.

Bad news:
I was (un)lucky enough to discover how non-existent the Laney warranty support is here in the states. I had both pilot lights start to flicker intermittently after about 31 days of owning the amp, which in and of itself wouldn't bother me, but I just wanted to be sure that the flickering wasn't due to anything major power-related with the amp. long story short, the US distributor made arrangements to have a local amp tech look it over on their dime, just to check it out, and luckily it's just due to a couple of junk pilot light assemblies which appears to be a common issue with this line of Laneys

Timmyfirst, do you know is this is looked into in later editions?

Archived