Damn, can you imagine playing to a crowd like this....

DARKMETL/

• Members

lol, yeah I never really understood the Ac/dc hate, I mean I could understand it if you came from the Devo, Smiths, Depeche Mode crowd or something but for christs sake people, what's not to love about a ridiculously kick ass rock and roll band??? Rock and Roll, nothing more, nothing less. Pretty much one of the forebearers of metal as we know it today.

I mean, c'mon, listen to this roaring chainsaw guitar tone in 1977....how can you dig metal and NOT appreciate that? And the energy of the live performances? If you don't get it, I really feel sorry for you.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't know I just don't really get it. I like to hear my 1-2 songs every once in awhile, doesn't matter which ones they are, they all sound exactly alike with the same structure.

I like a little bit of everything, never a lot of something, so I can pretty much say this for every band I listen to.

• Members
I don't know...sounds like Energizers in his wireless. Toanz could have been much better with Duracells.
:thu:

shouldve used zero point black energy modules. channels into a small contained micro-universe, interference from the cosmic microwave background won't effect the tone.

• Members

shouldve used zero point black energy modules. channels into a small contained micro-universe, interference from the cosmic microwave background won't effect the tone.

LOL I must have missed that thread at TGP.

And I'm with you on the AC/DC thing. I get it, great rock band, kick ass live shows, but after the second or third song, I'm done.

• Members

> metal fans complaining about AC/DC

I love AC/DC, but I'm sick of hearing back in black and hells bells on the radio every 10 minutes.

Go figure, today was the first time in a very long time that I actually willingly put an AC/DC album in my stereo and listened to it.

• Members

I came in here to blast you not liking AC/DC, but I like the Smiths better than AC/DC, so all is well.
:thu:

All that mediocre mall punk bull{censored} you like still sucks a bag of dicks though:mad:
:lol:

We dont have malls in the UK, we have shopping centres, so thats shopping centre punk thank you.

• Members

Greatest rock and roll band of all time. No question. If you think differently , youre just wrong.

Definitely right up there near the top if not the top. I pity all of you little bitches talking {censored} on AC/DC. Yes they're old, but they still rock harder than any of you on here and can't think of a single band that could go on after AC/DC today that wouldn't look like a joke let alone any of the jokers on here.

:rawk:

• Members

Thats pretty sick stuff.

I still think one the most awe-inspiring places to play at would have to be the Arena of Nimes in Nimes, France...as shown by this video...

Couldn't imagine playing in a "venue" like that, (place was built in 70AD) must have been an amazing thing to be apart of.

• Members

Couldn't imagine playing in a "venue" like that, (place was built in 70AD) must have been an amazing thing to be apart of.

Yeah that is super cool too, I have that dvd and it's another beautifully shot concert. I can imagine what it looks like on blu-ray and a great HD tv.

• Members

Good Grief! That folks, is how its done!

So, why is Madonna playing the Super Bowl halftime show, and not AC/DC? Do you really think that everybody in attendance (predominantly NFL fans) want to see Madonna? Yeah, I didn't think so.....

• Members

Definitely right up there near the top if not the top. I pity all of you little bitches talking {censored} on AC/DC. Yes they're old, but they still rock harder than any of you on here and can't think of a single band that could go on after AC/DC today that wouldn't look like a joke let alone any of the jokers on here.

:rawk:

^

Let's see today we have had a thread that said the Jimi Hendrix was annoying and now we get one where the majority are putting down AC/DC.

I think some of you have crossed some invisible line where the only thing you can appreciate is metal and cookie monster vocals.

As for the rest of you, all I can say is there is no accounting for taste, and to each his own.

• Members

^

Let's see today we have had a thread that said the Jimi Hendrix was annoying and now we get one where the majority are putting down AC/DC.

I think some of you have crossed some invisible line where the only thing you can appreciate is metal and cookie monster vocals.

As for the rest of you, all I can say is there is no accounting for taste, and to each his own.

Well I can see if maybe you didn't grow up with them in your formative years or you weren't a huge rock or metal fan etc, but I don't get how a metal or hard rock fan can't appreciate them for the ass kicking they bring. I also understand the overplaying of handful of their radio tunes, which I can do without myself, but damn, there is far more to them than that. But hey, I can really 2 {censored}s if you don't GET AC/DC, I have loved them since about 78-79 or so I am not anyone to judge, by now they are part of my dna...not part of yours (who's ever), your loss.

Archived