• Last Reply
  • Members

My faves:

Guthrie Govan

Eric Johnson

Steve Stevens

Steve Morse

Andy Timmons

Brad Paisley (I know, I know, but dude has CHOPS)

Dave Martone

Greg Howe

Nils Norberg

And of course the trinity, Becker, EVH and Malmsteen.

W.

Agree on your Brad Paisley statement. Love his tone!!! I really want a Wampler Paisley drive, but I know it will never come close to his OD tone without the Dr Z

• Members

Yeah, all the Shrapnel guys from back in the day. I actually busted out a turntable and moved some stuff around so I could access my records...I have a bunch of records from the good old shred days. Of all the non-Yngwie neo classical guys, I think Jason Becker was my favorite. Real shame what happened to that guy, but he's still involved in music, so God bless him. Michael Lee Firkins is another guy I remember from back in those days...different style from a lot of those guys, but a badass nonetheless.

• Members

Yeah, all the Shrapnel guys from back in the day. I actually busted out a turntable and moved some stuff around so I could access my records...I have a bunch of records from the good old shred days. Of all the non-Yngwie neo classical guys, I think Jason Becker was my favorite. Real shame what happened to that guy, but he's still involved in music, so God bless him. Michael Lee Firkins is another guy I remember from back in those days...different style from a lot of those guys, but a badass nonetheless.

Yes! Michael Lee Firkins! He's not a shred guy but a great instrumentalist

VWTSAoIh8T8

Archived