Jet City Earhart 50 price?

cacheek

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Aha! Gotcha. I'm hoping you're not correct about the UK market though - we are building it in the UK, so I am hoping it will help us make some inroads over there. 1899GBP = ~ $2999.99, so I think I'm in a good 'position'.

Was gonna say, surely import costs will be nil.

That's where us UK'ers get ABSOLUTELY HOSED on prices.

Mesa Mark V =

• Members

Aha! Gotcha. I'm hoping you're not correct about the UK market though - we are building it in the UK, so I am hoping it will help us make some inroads over there. 1899GBP = ~ $2999.99, so I think I'm in a good 'position'.

If they're cheaper than the mk50II then i'd have one! Once you get VAT added here though i think the price will be pretty much identical, we get pretty much raped on American amps over here, even if they are made in the UK! So is there going to be new UK distro, its the one thing thats put me off getting a JCA, the other guitarist in my band has the HDM and i think its brilliant but i'd like to see a better dealer network over here.

• Members

If they're cheaper than the mk50II then i'd have one! Once you get VAT added here though i think the price will be pretty much identical, we get pretty much raped on American amps over here, even if they are made in the UK! So is there going to be new UK distro, its the one thing thats put me off getting a JCA, the other guitarist in my band has the HDM and i think its brilliant but i'd like to see a better dealer network over here.

Can you help me understand this a bit more? BOTH amps would have VAT on them, right? There wouldn't be any 'extra' VAT on an amp I build over there, just because I'm in the USA. At least I hope there wouldn't be, but I don't quite know. My goal is to offer this product in the UK at a great deal since it is made there.

• Members

Can you help me understand this a bit more? BOTH amps would have VAT on them, right? There wouldn't be any 'extra' VAT on an amp I build over there, just because I'm in the USA. At least I hope there wouldn't be, but I don't quite know. My goal is to offer this product in the UK at a great deal since it is made there.

Both amps will have VAT on them, but surely their build cost will be the same as yours?

Will they be built at the same facility?

• Members

No there won't be extra VAT.

The main costs come from the import. Since they are being built here, that should obviously be negligible if any.

Not sure what applies to amps that are solely built in the US.

You shouldn't have to add much of anything at all so I think you can pretty much get these at a good price point :)

• Members

Of course I hope it does well, but, please keep a few things in mind:

1. at this price, I don't intend for us to move a huge quantity. we will build in very small batches, and the end user will be able to choose the cabinetry color. And extension cabs will be available to match, with choice of speakers too.

2. it is likely it won't be the only amp in the Earhart range. I decided to launch this range with a flagship (we will see if a 100 watter is interesting) but of course we are working on lower-wattage, etc.

• Members

No there won't be extra VAT.

The main costs come from the import. Since they are being built here, that should obviously be negligible if any.

Not sure what applies to amps that are solely built in the US.

You shouldn't have to add much of anything at all so I think you can pretty much get these at a good price point
:)

Yeah, so, then it's also an issue of how we work this with our distributor (and dealers) in the UK. I want it to be an order-it-in-the-color-you-want type of thing, and we deliver it to your favorite store. Here in the States, we can do the same but I think we will build the cabinetry here, still have to work that out.

• Members

Of course I hope it does well, but, please keep a few things in mind:

1. at this price, I don't intend for us to move a huge quantity. we will build in very small batches, and the end user will be able to choose the cabinetry color. And extension cabs will be available to match, with choice of speakers too.

2. it is likely it won't be the only amp in the Earhart range. I decided to launch this range with a flagship (we will see if a 100 watter is interesting) but of course we are working on lower-wattage, etc.

get the rk100 design from Martin Kidd, best amp i've ever owned!

• Members

Richie Kotzen. The RK100 was his sig amp IIRC, but I don't know if he's still playing them.

He was last using Marshall 2061x's AFAIK.

I had a look at the Cornford website the other day and it didn't really say a great deal.

It all seems to be back up now though with loads of info etc.

Archived