I finally understand why all the big shots use Marshalls (Vid inside)

flyingrhoads

• Members

So as you all know from my tread the other day, my Engl is out of commission and it's at the tech's being repaired. Luckily the same friend who hooked me up with a tech also let me borrow his marshall jcm800kk to jam on in the meantime, so I made a quick vid to show you guys the tone I have going on right now

All i can say is wow, it sounds really damn awesome. Once you turn that volume knob up around halfway it just turns into a completely different beast, and I now know why jcm800s are so popular. I absolutely love the loud and raw rhythm tone, I just wish the leads were more saturated/liquidy, but regardless it sounds killer

In this vid I keep the beast mode OFF and just use only the jcm800 channel, and no effects or boosts or anything of the sort.

Playing sucks and I just played whatever random thing I could think of, but here ya go:

[video=youtube;LF7L6li26AM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LF7L6li26AM&feature=youtu.be

:wave:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah man for sure, I don't really have any boosts anymore since my engl doesnt need it. I have a lovepedal eternity burst but it's not exactly the best boost, it's too bright

I hear that, bro.

Some of my best live tones ever was when I was forced to use backline at a gig and the backline was a '78 JMP50 MKII (the 2204 circuit before they called it JCM800). That amp with my TS808 was ungodly.

• Members

Yeah those ISP subs are {censored}ing awesome.... I have one right now, but it's just a loaner, it's actually the one in those vids. Things are definetely cool, plan to get one of my own someday.

I would love to try one, i've heard nothing but good things.. How about you send me that one you're borrowing, and tell your friend that somebody broke into your house and stole only the isp :idea:

• Members

My one question is:

How are these amps so damn silent when these guys stop playing with that amount of gain
:eek:

Ok so I have two:

FlyingRhoads - what songs are you jamming to on there? I recognized a couple but couldn't name them, other than an Aerosmith tune!

ISP decimator in the loop. ;)

• Members

My one question is:

How are these amps so damn silent when these guys stop playing with that amount of gain
:eek:

Ok so I have two:

FlyingRhoads - what songs are you jamming to on there? I recognized a couple but couldn't name them, other than an Aerosmith tune!

These actually have a built in noise gate, but I didn't have it engaged since I didnt have the beast mode on!

As for the songs, most of them are just random riffs that I just improv'd for the sake of the vid, but the one where the volume knob is rolled down is part of a song of my bands. Other than the Aerosmith one I also played a riff from livin lovin maid by zeppelin :thu:

Edit: actually there's also a riff from shadows fall's song Forevermore too

Archived