guitarbilly74

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I NEED 100 WATS!!

BILLY Y U NO LIEK 69 WATS? :confused:

/kidding

Try to track down a TE Speed Twin 100 watter. I think you'd dig the hell out of it, srs. Marshally enough for you to jive with the tone & enough "extra" or "different" or whatever to keep it interesting. Every time I GAS for something different & mess around with other amps for a while, I keep coming back to my 50 watt ST, always. :thu:

• Members

Yeah and I like them, if I find one at the right price I will probably buy it. It also matches with my cab. One less thing to worry about
:)

Honestly, the cab matching thing is why I suggested it :lol:

I really like my RM100, its the only amp I owned for over a year. I also had a ton of fun modding modules. I got my plexi module sounding SO sweet :love:

• Members

Yeah that would be {censored}ing awesome. Mako amps shop is also local to me. How much do they sell for used?

I've seen them as low as $1K. Of course, that's not chump change. I saw that ad for the Randall and immediately thought of you and then saw you already posted in that thread. LOL.

A huge bonus of you having a Mako would be the lifetime warranty. Being so close would be golden for you.

• Members

Old Lee Jackson metaltronix amp on ebay... a bit more than your ideal price range..

I never heard this amp, just the Ampeg version of it, which is decent, but extremely unreliable. Is it any good? It's fugly as sin, that's for sure.

• Members

There is a guy here selling a Randall RGT100ES, which is the all-tube version of the RG100.. but I don't know much about it. Is it any good?

:wave:

I don't think there are too many of the tube versions from what I hear. :idk:

When I got the Randall, I had a Marshall Jubilee 2x12 combo at the same time. I liked the Randall more and sold the Marshall. Similar tones, but I thought the Randall sounded better and had a clean channel that works well with pedals.

Loud as hell too.

Someone else around here had one, but I can't remember who that was.

Here's a clip I did with the Randall. L/R and guitar>Randall>cab with V30s>Senn 609, and center is the same with a RAT as a boost.

(it's got a little too much presence, but that was my fault during the recording and mixing stages)

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=6509545

So it can do thrash, it can do metal, I've used it for Stoner too. Classic modded Marshall tone and more.

• Members

I don't think there are too many of the tube versions from what I hear.
:idk:

When I got the Randall, I had a Marshall Jubilee 2x12 combo at the same time. I liked the Randall more and sold the Marshall. Similar tones, but I thought the Randall sounded better and had a clean channel that works well with pedals.

Loud as hell too.

Here's a clip I did with the Randall. L/R and guitar>Randall>cab with V30s>Senn 609, and center is the same with a RAT as a boost.

(it's got a little too much presence, but that was my fault during the recording and mixing stages)

So it can do thrash, it can do metal, I've used it for Stoner too. Classic modded Marshall tone and more.

I will listen to it when I get home, soundclick is blocked here, but yeah seriously considering buying your amp.

• Members

I don't think there are too many of the tube versions from what I hear.
:idk:

Loud as hell too.

That is really Marshally. Sounds good. Needs more falsetto "AHHHHHHHHHH"s.

Archived