So I sold my Marshall but I can't decide what to buy next

guitarbilly74

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There is a guy here selling a Randall RGT100ES, which is the all-tube version of the RG100.. but I don't know much about it. Is it any good?

I had one of those. It had a great clean channel, and good gain channel. It had plenty of gain, and would probably do all but the most brootal without a boost. It was also ludicrously loud. The problem was when it got loud, it started to sound a little flat, cold and lifeless. If I remember correctly, it was a fixed bias amp, and would have benefited greatly if modded to variable bias to warm it up a little. I kinda miss mine. It seemed to be an EXTREMELY well made amplifier.

• Members

I can never find any of these deals when I am ready to buy, but they seem to pop as soon as I spent my $
:mad:

That {censored} always happens to me. I almost snagged a sick ass deal on a Sig:x but I didnt sell my 5150 in time. Got a pretty good deal on my pitbull though. Honestly though I say even if you cant find a uber killer deal, save a couple 100 moreand get a Fryette of some sort. You won't be disapointed, I think they'd be right up your alley

• Members

Mark my words, the SG has a shorter shelf life than the Marshall. He'll be running back to his Hammers before too long.

I ask you, what is Billy with out his Randall and his Hammers? Just a guy who pukes on stuff, and no one wants to hang out with a guy who pukes on stuff while playing an SG.

• Members

Mark my words, the SG has a shorter shelf life than the Marshall. He'll be running back to his Hammers before too long.

I ask you, what is Billy with out his Randall and his Hammers? Just a guy who pukes on stuff, and no one wants to hang out with a guy who pukes on stuff while playing an SG.

What's this Hammer you speak of?

• Members

Good point. :lol:

Archived