What's the smallest/lightest current production 100 watt tube head you can think of?

notjonahbutnoah

• Members

I didn't know about the gaga but the price...

http://www.dvmark.it/product_detail.php?id=19

This retails for 1350 euros. So it meets your price range. This is the metal style version but the bad boy is more vintage style oriented. Both are three channels, both are 100watters, only 2 KT88 power tubes (can be done, fryette did 100, ok 98.8 or 99.8 what he measured, rms for the sig:X), each channel with its own pressence control, bias settings on the back to change the power amp (two settings hot and cold) extra, midi.

9kgrs? (about 18-20lbs). All these {censored}? Sounds really good? (check out ola's (fearedse) youtube clips). Yep. Best part is the cab...4x12, sounds fantastic (again fearedse uses it on his clips) and weighs...about 44 lbs. If you can hug it you can carry it no problem!!!

• Members

Thanks for all the respones so far!

I didn't know about the gaga but the price...

This retails for 1350 euros. So it meets your price range. This is the metal style version but the bad boy is more vintage style oriented. Both are three channels, both are 100watters, only 2 KT88 power tubes (can be done, fryette did 100, ok 98.8 or 99.8 what he measured, rms for the sig:X), each channel with its own pressence control, bias settings on the back to change the power amp (two settings hot and cold) extra, midi.

9kgrs? (about 18-20lbs). All these {censored}? Sounds really good? (check out ola's (fearedse) youtube clips). Yep. Best part is the cab...4x12, sounds fantastic (again fearedse uses it on his clips) and weighs...about 44 lbs. If you can hug it you can carry it no problem!!!

That's pretty cool lookin, but it's too many features for me. I really should've mentioned that I'd really prefer a one channel.

• Members

I can't wait for James to come in here and rage over "Small Heads" versus "Normal" heads. He used to make his amp's quite a bit more compact...tastes prevailed an dnow we're returning to size and portability.

Also, not $2G's, but I'm sure an older Peters amp could be found in that range.

-Curtis

Archived