Havent seen anything posted about this little baddy Peavey Musebox

NixerX

• Members

I was taking a {censored} yesterday reading my favorite {censored} lit...the enormous sweetwater cataloge and stumbled upon this thing called the Peavey Musebox. :thu:

Its basically a custom embedded version of linux that acts as a VST host....so you can run Revalver in it!

[video=youtube;DCzrDsx86P8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCzrDsx86P8

[video=youtube;OsqaIFip7DI]

• Members

was announced a year ago. thought we'd see them a little sooner. one point from the blurbage:

"One of the primary differences between MuseBox and Receptor is that MuseBox is a much more closed platform. Because we have designed it to be as easy to use as any hardware system, the system of user installable plugins will not be available on MuseBox."

that is a little disappointing, but still seems like a cool box.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

I have a friend to just bought a Musebox. He is blown away. He has a Mark V Rhodes and says Musebox Rhodes is identical. Also states acoustic piano is very good. I'm going to hear it for myself tomorrow. Not expecting to be blown away. Why? Because NO ONE demoed internal sounds to any degree from keyboard player standpoint. Anything that good should be all over the web. No information available on optional CF cards and what sounds would be forth coming. Hopefully I will be surprised. BTW NixerX, leaving a crap is much more sanitary than taking one.

Archived