Whatcha gassin' for?

Ovid9

• Members

I have permanent gas for LP's. I know I don't love them, and I even borrow my bud's 80's Greco LP once in a while, and by the 3rd song of a set, I want to put it down. But they look so cool, I still want one.
:lol:

I'm the same way with basically all of Gibson's stuff. I prefer 25.5"+ scale (26, 27, 29, etc). Gibson scale is just a little stubby for me. They sound great, don't get me wrong, but they never feel right. One of these days I'ma end up with a custom all-mahogany humbucker axe just to fill the void left by being "unable" to play Gibby.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Nice! A blackstar was actually my 2nd guess as I was posting. Cause you strike me as a modern gain structure sorta dude.
:thu:

I figure it's the best compromise of what's available. if I clean up some chops I'll post some Breaking Benjamin covers for you n--bs :thu: this amp should nail that sound.

• Members

I'd like one of the custom First Acts. They have some sweet stuff and I think its in longer scales too.

Funny, just the other day I was half thinking about a custom First Act 8 string. Six strings with the bottom two double course (like their 9s, minus one).

• Members

Yeah. For preference, I string pretty heavy (my current axe is .70-.18). For some reason, in my head that made an 8 a better idea than a 9. Don't judge me.

holy crap! :lol: I have .52 on my Agile...but its in E standard tuning. I can hardly play it right now. :facepalm: I would tune it lower, but it needs to set up for it, the previous owner had its action set silly low. I fail at everything.

I don't judge you. Unless, AWESOME is a judgement.

• Members

That's the general consensus. I tune ADADGA for the most part; I likes me some sludge and doom, bro.

Me too, I need to get one of my guitars set up for C standard. Then I could do drop B, and slop it down to B standard and actually be able to bend. :lol:

Archived