Guitar Cabinet Features Poll

Seattle Doug

• Members

Morning, HCAF - if you have a moment, please help me with a little research for JCA cabinet planning? Since the new +Series cabinets have been available for a couple months, I am wondering about the importance of a few of the 'extra' features they have, and if those are important. Give me a little feedback on these points?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The mic simulator thing is not important at all, I wouldn't pay more for a cab just to have that because I am either playing small venues where a mic is not required or larger venues where they have the P.A. and mic. I can see the use for home recording but meh, I just use a load box and impulses these days. What other extra features do they have?

• Members

Price / quality

And looks good (guitarists are vain)

I voted for the Convertible Closed/Open Back as it's a nice option.

I have another off topic question for you, the new Jet city logo's, I was wondering if you can buy them? as I much prefer them than the old logo.

Much more to my taste.

• Members

i voted closed/open back option

for me:

1. build quality & attention to detail = sound quality

2. speakers

3. open/closed option

4. looks

5. price

the rest of the stuff on the OP list does not matter to me and i would not pay extra for it

• Members

i voted the same way i did on facebook this morning- good sounding cab. it might make some people feel all warm and fuzzy inside to know an american (probably making more than me) built it by hand, here in the US but typically that means i cant afford it.

love your amps, by the way. please dont start letting white people make those or i wont be able to afford those either.

edit- oops, sorry. i thought this was about those new cabs, not the + series of the original cab line. i need to learn to read.

• Members

Howsa bout casters? Those are important to me for the bigger cabs--can't tell from the website if they are included or not. The micsim is (would be) valuable to me. I've been using a Radial box for DI between my amp and speaker, and it does away with all the inconsistencies of mic placement. Having it built in saves some cables and extra stuff to carry.

• Members

Morning, HCAF - if you have a moment, please help me with a little research for JCA cabinet planning? Since the new +Series cabinets have been available for a couple months, I am wondering about the importance of a few of the 'extra' features they have, and if those are important. Give me a little feedback on these points?

Hey Doug. Gotta tell ya....I might be an oddity, but I LOVE the look of the Jet city stuff! The JCA 24s cab I just got is fricken fantastic! LOVE IT!!!! I took the back panel off and it is really very nice. The Eminence speakers are very decent...I was skeptical that I would want to swap them out but after giving them a try...No Way, they are keepers!

In my opinion you are on the right track with selling great products at affordable prices.

• Members

Price / quality

And looks good (guitarists are vain)

I voted for the Convertible Closed/Open Back as it's a nice option.

I have another off topic question for you, the new Jet city logo's, I was wondering if you can buy them? as I much prefer them than the old logo.

Much more to my taste.

Let us know when your counterfeit JCA's are ready:poke:

• Members

For me, when I primarily just jam or record with friends now, a Mic Sim WOULD be desirable for me. I would prefer to see Warehouse Guitar Speakers in there and also, better joints and sealing with some caulk. I'd tag an extra $80 on for that and make affordable, air tight mother {censored}ing pieces of mother{censored}ing awesome.

Also, has anyone considered a resin coating to seal the inside of a cab? Just something with a bit flex additive for changing conditions then seal that bad boy completely with some marine grade spray on sealant?

-Curtis

• Members

Hey Neil - we do have those new logos for sale on the site, but, you're in Japan, right? Probably cost a lot to mail them over there.

:(

But I might shoot an email over to in the next coupe of months. I am looking into trying some mods, both electronic and cosmetic... But I have to wait until I actually have some time off work.

Japan is not too bad from the states for postage (better than Europe)

But good to know

• Members

We have a new distributor in Japan now - Soundhouse. Shipment is going out like, NOW. I'm afraid I am probably too late to get the peeps at the factory to shove a few logos in the container.

no worries, thanks for your help :)

I will contact you when I am ready, and let you know the outcome of the mods :)

• Members

Curtis - sealing, huh? Never considered it, actually. Do you think most would be able to hear the difference?

Sealing is totally unnecessary.

I'd suggest a stupid-simple line of cabs & another series with features galore.

Both with high quality though.

• Members

Dolf - Aftershock cabs? I'm not familiar. What's their website? Search turned up only a Facebook page?

Yeah, dude, just a one-guy operation who works out of his garage here in Orlando. All you'll find is a facebook page.

Makes his living as a (furniture) cabinet maker, decided he'd like to make guitar cabs. Billy has the first 6x12 he ever made, then he made two for himself and mine shortly thereafter.

• Members

I'd suggest a stupid-simple line of cabs & another series with features galore.

Both with high quality though.

Thanks - this is exactly what I am working toward. However, I was thinking the stupid-simple range would have upgraded stuff like the grade of wood and handles. Very similar to the WBE range, but sealed-back, and offshore built.

Archived