Shipping an amp?

scolfax

• Members

EXACTLY, who here has purchased a brand new amp and had it arrive with the tubes out????????? urban myth:thu:

Brand new amps ship in custom packing material and the company/dealer has an blanket insurance deal with the shipper. Manufacturers use frieght companies, not office shippers. If I could ship everything crate I would too.

I have received more than one amp with a shattered tube that was not removed; I have also had to reace tune sockets for people who had a broken tube arc and short out on them. These days I file with Paypal over any suspicious tube shifting and force a return, I'm done cleaning glass out of amps because the average shipper is too lazy to pack well.

For the OP, I list amp shipping and handling as $100-125 on all ebay listings, pay the premium to have UPS or FedEx pack it themselves, and that way the insurance is guaranteed.

• Members
If I could ship everything crate I would too.

I have received more than one amp with a shattered tube that was not removed; I have also had to reace tune sockets for people who had a broken tube arc and short out on them. These days I file with Paypal over any suspicious tube shifting and force a return, I'm done cleaning glass out of amps because the average shipper is too lazy to pack well.

For the OP, I list amp shipping and handling as $100-125 on all ebay listings, pay the premium to have UPS or FedEx pack it themselves, and that way the insurance is guaranteed.

Two of my Mesas my Reason,my Rivera, and one of my Carvins came directly from the company all shipped UPS. Other new amps I've purchased have also been drop-shipped by UPS or Fedex. BTW, my very first Carvin actually came by rail! Yep, it was a long time ago.

Archived