Power Amp suggestions, please.

Seattle Doug

• Members

Hi HCAF -

IF I was working on a solid-state stereo power amp, I would be working on it with two applications in mind:

1. amplification for modeling rigs

2. post-effects amplification for larger 'traditional' rigs with wet/dry stage cabinets.

Do you have some suggestions about the I/O this amp should have? Anything which would make a simple product like this more useful in either application?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

• Members

100w+100w

depth, presence & volume for each channel plus switches for mid cut/boost. Maybe something like the old peavey t-dynamics control, that introduces a different response to the power amp.

This, plus maybe even a half power switch

• Members

Most people seem to prefer the punch of Class AB over Class D....

For a power amp to be used with regular guitar preamps, class ab would probably work better. But for the applications suggested here (modelling and d/w rigs) I believe the flatter and clearer response of class d would be better.

• Members

For a power amp to be used with regular guitar preamps, class ab would probably work better. But for the applications suggested here (modelling and d/w rigs) I believe the flatter and clearer response of class d would be better.

That is what I have read a lot. That is one of the main reasons why the Matrix GT800FX and ART SLA amps are so popular, and more popular than say the Carvin DCM's...

• 5 months later...

Archived