OT: BC Rich Goldtop - Sorta want

JerEvil

• Members

Those are both nice. I dig the inlays. I hate the cloud inlays that I see on most of the newer models.

The cloud inlays have appeared on all the supreme models since they were first made. :cool:

• Members

It's not bad. The violin finished one is straight sex, though. I think the goldtop would benefit from a creme or white pickguard of some kind and aged/worn chrome accents (hardware, pickups, tuners). It's close, however. Very close.

• Members

Was looking for some examples of mockingbird sexiness and found this, which made me lulz. Must be the Uncle Jessie signature mockingbird.

mockingbirdacoustic.jpg

Kill it with fire. Then kill the fire with acid. Then kill the acid with one of Hardtail's girls. Then kill the girl with the Deathstar. Then kill the Deathstar with some redneck kid from a little out-of-the-way planet.

• Members

sxdbm.jpg

I prefer this to the goldtop. The violin finish is gorgeous, though. Also, I like cloud inlays on my Mockingbirds. And +1 to their imports being really good, these days. Love my 'bird and my stealth, both really well made, and the rockfield pickups on the former are actually really good.

• Members

I do love the look of the Mockingbird. But I owned a neck thru NJ series which played ok after I got the Floyd nut to be proper height and a fret level. And despite the similarities to a Gibson Explorer, which may be the best balanced guitars I've found, my Mockingbird was neck heavy and really wasn't that comfortable to play. The fretboard was weird too. It was rosewood, but it had a clear coat on it. Sold it and don't miss it at all..

Archived