I've just watched this 4 times in the past 24hrs....

lenster

• Members

Andy used to play at The Blue Cat in Dallas every week, and had people sit in all the time. Not really an open mic, but pretty close. Guy is a monster, down to earth, and a cool guy. He deserves to be more well known, a class act that never disappoints.

• Members

Dude is definitely one of the best, but that clean tone at the beginning is painful for me. Maaann, is he using 8's or something?

Distorted tone on the other hand,
:love:

Yeah, clean tone sounded a little thin but his OD tones were :love: Timmons is definitely at the top of my list along with Paul Gilbert. Both of them seem like awesome dudes who genuinely LOVE to play music. He is insanely talented.

• Members

Man, I hate that guy...he's just too damn good!

And it's not like he's playing things that many of couldn't...he just has impeccable timing and choice of notes...in the most dramatic of ways.

Very inspiring.

What are some albums I can buy of his? Something tells me I am going to watch this thing 20 times in the next 24hours.

• Members

Just did a search for the Ibanez AT100, Cheapest i could find was .......$3200 AUD.....
:eek:
Guess thats out of my equation..

And watched again this morning......

Yeah thats the newer reissue version, AT100CL I think is what they're calling it. Unless of course you stumbled on an original AT100 which are basically unicorns at this point. :lol:

Hell, even the AT300 is super rare these days too.

• Members

I have watched that 4,000 times in the last 4 years. Dude's the best...

I remember when I first saw the video, it was not only the first "solo guitar" song I had heard that held my attention but wouldn't let it go.

Basically all of this.

I have a very big mancrush on Timmons. In a hetero kind of way :o

But seriously, the dude's playing is so tasteful, and his sense of melody and note choice is damn near unrivaled, in my opinion.

• Members

That may have been the first time I've heard him play. I've been listening to Joe Satriani for over 20 years though and I hear a lot of similarities in their style. I once read that Timmons' biggest influence was Steve Lukather.

• Members

Andy has been pretty much my favorite player ever since I saw a double-bill clinic he did with Shawn Lane back in the early 90s. He absolutely FLOORED a roomful of skeptical, cross-armed, "impress-me-if-you-can" Shawn Lane disciples who only knew him as "that guy from that hair metal band, Danger Danger". That attitude lasted about one minute once he started playing. He came out later and more than held his own shredding with Shawn and made a bunch of fans that day! He's also one of the absolute nicest, most ego-less cats you will ever meet. After the clinic, we helped Andy and Shawn tear down their gear and helped Shawn load it up in the trailer he was carrying behind his van. Andy flew in, and since his flight didn't leave until the next morning, he asked us if there was anywhere cool to go hang out and check out a band or something. We said SURE and took him out to watch a buddy of ours' band at Jax beach. Andy ended up getting up and jamming a few KISS tunes with them and was just the coolest dude to hang with! After that, he became a yearly fixture as a Boogie rep at the EPIC annual Thoroughbred Music Guitar Shows in Tampa/Clearwater and always remembered us, even paying us back by taking us out to an afterparty at a local club where he introduced us to Slash, John Petrucci and Ace Frehley.

Dude is just such a scorching, fiercely passionate player, and he always radiates such sheer joy when he plays that he's one of the most inspirational musicians I've ever encountered. I'm SO glad to see this guy finally starting to see some of the success and appreciation he so richly deserves!

Here's one off of Resolution that always gives me chills...

Archived