OT, Job paycut???

Space coyote

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think I agree with the people that say refuse in writing, get let go, and take the documentation in writing to get unemployment.

Unemployment in Indiana matches up to about $15/hr for almost 2 years....

• Members

I think I agree with the people that say refuse in writing, get let go, and take the documentation in writing to get unemployment.

Unemployment in Indiana matches up to about $15/hr for almost 2 years....

I highly doubt they'll give him 600 bucks a week in unemployment.

• Members

"we want you at the farm because of all you have learned about the work we all do"...

So maybe your loyal worker should thank you for all the work he learned from you, and not just be allowed to be what he's been (probly from the start)...a self reliant guy that can handle the multiple levels of the logical and straightforwardly yet tough jobs that makes a guy like that worth at least $15 at all times, and you without the headaches you'll have when you (don't) get what you (don't) pay for?

Should he thank you enough to take that pay cut? Like he kinda owes you?

Fire the son, son. Let a man take care of the heavy lifting. Worked fine before, I so hear. :thu:

• Members

You should reply to him
in writing
saying you cannot agree with the pay cut but you are more than happy to continue to work at the current rate. Pretty much force him to say he will have to let you go, so you can collect unemployment. Do NOT discuss this with him in person until you have done so, just so you have written proof of what actually happened.

Do this.

And What ever you do, don't just out and quit.

Make your Boss cut you loose for not accepting the lower payrate so you can collect unemployment easily.

You have nothing to loose here, as you can find an $8 per hour job anywere.

Archived