security camera help . . .

6stringmenace

• Members

I have a house I rent out in a neighboring town. It is currently not occupied, so no water or electricty at the residence. I go once a month and mow the yard and keep it neat. Last visit someone dumped some old furniture. I called the city, said it is my resposibility to clean it up or I will be fined. I called the cops, said they could only patrol the area more, unless I knew who had done it they couldn't press charges on anyone.

Anyone have any ideas on security cameras that can be installed that are battery powered?

Possibly a hunter's camera set on a timer?

???

• Members

http://www.cctvimports.com/spy-cameras-equipment-mini-spy-dvrs-c-137_267/dvr1310-xtremelife-battery-powered-dvr-mini-camera-p-1515

http://www.surveillance-spy-cameras.com/weatherproof-dvr-battery-operated.htm

Even after you spend the $600, it will still be difficult to press charges, unless you have small town cops with nothing better to do.

• Members

Google "Trail Camera"

There are cameras now for maybe $100 which operate on batteries...and take a picture of any movement, then store it on a flash drive.

For a little more you can get one which connects to the internet and you can use your computer to view the pictures without going to the house. I'm sure some have the capacity to allow you to view whenever you wish. Real Time.

Just make sure it's hidden (so THAT doesn't get stolen) and that you have a view of license plates where you think cars will be.

Good luck!

Buy several.

• Members

Don't use a game/trail camera to try and take pictures of people. Deer, squirrels, etc. don't really give a {censored} about camera flash, and even if they did there isn't much they can do about it. A human might be more apt to see where the flash came from and steal the camera.

Plus you'd probably have to sort through hundreds of pictures of stray dogs, cats, etc.

• Members

http://www.cctvimports.com/spy-cameras-equipment-mini-spy-dvrs-c-137_267/dvr1310-xtremelife-battery-powered-dvr-mini-camera-p-1515

http://www.surveillance-spy-cameras.com/weatherproof-dvr-battery-operated.htm

Even after you spend the $600, it will still be difficult to press charges, unless you have small town cops with nothing better to do.

Just for reference: I know a guy who just got arrested for stealing cash from someone when they weren't home - when he noticed it happened twice, he set up a camera and caught him the third time and got him arrested with the footage :idk:

• Members

Just for reference: I know a guy who just got arrested for stealing cash from someone when they weren't home - when he noticed it happened twice, he set up a camera and caught him the third time and got him arrested with the footage
:idk:

There is a difference in level of crime between breaking into a home, and leaving a sofa in someone's yard, just sayin. LEO will work harder to catch one criminal over the other.

• Members

There is a difference in level of crime between breaking into a home, and leaving a sofa in someone's yard, just sayin. LEO will work harder to catch one criminal over the other.

I was just saying that they'll take the video as evidence :D I wasn't refuting the gravity of the crime.

• Members

I was just saying that they'll take the video as evidence
:D
I wasn't refuting the gravity of the crime.

Gotcha. Gravity of the crime was my inital point. I prepare video evidence for LEO, all the time. I know they'll take it as evidence. Whether they have the skills to actually play it in court such that a judge or jury sees and believes the act committed , is another entirely. What I prepare has a watermark to prove that it is continuous and not tampered with. This is very important for court evidence.

Archived