Anyone want $100? Possible international lulz.

Valtiel

• Members

Ok so bear with me for a second. I was over at my grandparents house today helping my grandpa recover his misplaced iTunes library of classical music (I still don't understand how he managed to do this). There is a major creek that runs through their backyard and we found an empty plastic bottle with a napkin inside washed up. On the napkin was a note that read:

$100.00 REWARD IF YOU FIND THIS NOTE AND CALL 408-xxx-xxxx, ASK FOR RICK

It's also dated 3/29/2012 so its been floating somewhere for about 3 weeks. The napkin is kinda beat up and slightly moldy. The area code is local though so it did not make it far.

Now I think there is potential for some fun here, I have the full phone number obviously and if this guy actually intends on paying out then its up for grabs, what say you HCAF? :lol:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ok so bear with me for a second. I was over at my grandparents house today helping my grandpa recover his misplaced iTunes library of classical music (I still don't understand how he managed to do this). There is a major creek that runs through their backyard and we found an empty plastic bottle with a napkin inside washed up. On the napkin was a note that read:

It's also dated 3/29/2012 so its been floating somewhere for about 3 weeks. The napkin is kinda beat up and slightly moldy. The area code is local though so it did not make it far.

Now I think there is potential for some fun here, I have the full phone number obviously and if this guy actually intends on paying out then its up for grabs, what say you HCAF?
:lol:

I can do it.

Seeing how I live in australia and my phone number will show it so... :lol:

I'll can get the missus to make the call (she has the accent, I don't)

I'll try to record it on speaker phone.

• Members

I can do it.

Seeing how I live in australia and my phone number will show it so...

this would be awesome!!!! dude would be like :eek::freak: how the {censored}?

• Members

I can do it.

Seeing how I live in australia and my phone number will show it so...

YES! That would be hilarious, I just hope he's not too skeptical about a bottle getting to Australia in a month. :lol:

I'll PM you the number. :thu:

• Members

I just put the Tascam on charge.

I spoke to the boss about doing this and she isn't so keen on it just yet, but I'll talk her into doing it

Can you put up a better photo of the note?

Sure, i'll PM it to you though since I don't want this poor guys number plastered on the internet. :lol:

• Members
:idk:
Ok so bear with me for a second. I was over at my grandparents house today helping my grandpa recover his misplaced iTunes library of classical music (I still don't understand how he managed to do this). There is a major creek that runs through their backyard and we found an
empty plastic bottle with a napkin inside
washed up. On the napkin was a note that read:

Now I think there is potential for some fun here, I have the full phone number obviously and if this guy actually intends on paying out then its up for grabs, what say you HCAF?

How can the bottle be empty yet have the napkin inside.:idk:

• Members

How can the bottle be empty yet have the napkin inside.

I've consulted a group of PhDs in physics and they've given me one possible way.
What possible could happens is:

1. Take an empty bottle made from plastic.
2. Place a napkin within the confines of this empty bottle.
3. You now have an EMPTY PLASTIC BOTTLE WITH A NAPKIN INSIDE IT.

These guys are actually thinking of submitting this for consideration to the Nobel committee.
Watch for us on the internets.

• Members

I've consulted a group of PhDs in physics and they've given me one possible way.

What possible could happens is:

1. Take an empty bottle made from plastic.

2. Place a napkin within the confines of this empty bottle.

3. You now have an EMPTY PLASTIC BOTTLE WITH A NAPKIN INSIDE IT.

These guys are actually thinking of submitting this for consideration to the Nobel committee.

Watch for us on the internets.

Wrong. It isn't empty if there is something in it. Physics fail.

• Members

This could be fun.

Hell...I'd call him, from here in Indiana.

This could go on. Just tell "Rick" that you threw his bottle back in the ocean when talking to him during the Aussie call. Wait a few days...call him from Indiana and tell him you found his bottle.

^HA! Same idea!!!

Archived