Line 6 Spyder Gen. 1 Speaker Issue

MaxVolume

• Members

When I try to use my Line 6 Spyder 50W, it has no sound coming out of the speaker. However, when I turn on the Chorus or Flange effects, the speaker turns on. I don't usually use effects when playing, so I have to use my Crate KBA-10 as an output. It sounds like garbage. The amp was awesome for about 4-5 years and the controls and all still work great. The only issue is the speaker. Any ideas about what is going on?

Thanks!

MV

• Members

No, never heard of this issue but it sounds like it's more of a software problem than a speaker or power amp problem. I'd take it to a Line 6 service center and ask them to reload the flash memory.

Good idea. And if it's not a cheap fix and if you're really happy with that amp, you'd probably be a lot better off getting a newer Line 6 amp.

• Members

*looks at gear in sig*

Not to be a douche, but you need a better goddamn amp. You own an American Strat for Christ's sake.

LOL! It's all good, man! I've got a Marshall half-stack! What more do you want? :D

I just need a smaller amp for travelling purposes. A half-stack isn't exactly travel friendly. LOL

• Members
Try resetting the amp.

Hold down the A (or clean) button as you turn on the power and hold the button for 5-8 seconds, then release.

Tried that to no avail. It gave me a new lightshow, but didn't fix anything. lol Thanks for the advice.

What about a faulty wire or something electronic? I'm still learning about fixing amps, so any advice could help. :)

Archived