Bagels vs Donuts

sleewell

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

well yeah for sure bagels with cream cheese, lox, onions, and capers pwns the {censored} out of donuts.

but a straight up bagel w cream cheese vs a fresh donut is more of toss up. i like the donuts that are rolled in cininamon and have maple frosting.

• Members

Bagels pretentious? Bagels are Eastern European, eaten by poor Jews from Kiev to Bialystock to Minsk. Jewish soul food!

I like all kinds of bagels but the best are still old-fashioned water bagels, with cream cheese and a slice of Nova Scotia lox--the perfect sandwich.

Donuts are dessert. You eat'em, you dunk 'em in coffee and enjoy them (if they are good).

Bagels are far more versatile. You can toast 'em or not. Put just butter on them, or make a full sandwich. And the kind of bagel determines what you'll eat with it. A cinnamon raisin bagel is good with honey-almond cream cheese, but a salt bagel or onion bagel is better with roast beef, tuna, corned beef or....lox.

You an even make a bagel that tastes like a donut--but you can't make a donut that tastes like a bagel

• Members

neither

If I eat either one of those in the morning, I feel like I'm dragging all day

This.. I work physically pretty hard most days, if I eat {censored} in the morning or at lunch I'll feel miserable..

• Members

This.. I work physically pretty hard most days, if I eat {censored} in the morning or at lunch I'll feel miserable..

I don't understand this. I eat "well" 95% of the time (usually oatmeal for breakfast), but when I eat a donut or two in the AM I usually end up feeling better. Maybe it's because of my youth...

• Members

I don't understand this. I eat "well" 95% of the time (usually oatmeal for breakfast), but when I eat a donut or two in the AM I usually end up feeling
better
. Maybe it's because of my youth...

youth probably has something to do with it...when I was in my late teens/early 20s, I could get by on donuts and soda for breakfast, but being 35, that {censored} doesn't fly anymore

Archived