Getting preamp OD out of a single channel, non-MV amp?

AlexMC

• Members

Oh course, there are clues in speaker sensitivity ratings - eg 100db. one watt will produce give or take 100 decibels, and that's pretty loud.

By way of apology, I will accept one amp from you.:lol:

• Members

you can slam the front end to overdrive it and then use some kind of attenuation in the loop to pull the power section down and get some crunch. It may or may not sound good though.

That was the idea... tried it this weekend and found that the EQ pedal's 15dB of volume reduction was not sufficient. I.e. even with the EQ engaged (in the FX loop) and all sliders set to -15dB, I still couldn't turn the amp above 4-5 before it became too loud.

Worth a try... guess I need a couple more dirt pedals.

• Members

this is an expensive {censored}ing amp, why not sell it and get something that will do what you want?

If I were making the decision again I wouldn't have bought this amp - I'd have picked up something with a dirt channel or simply a MV amp like the Blues Junior. If I tried to sell the Brunetti now I'd probably make a huge loss... I'll probably keep it for clean playing and in the hope that one day I'll be able to turn it up loud, and in the meantime use my POD XT for dirty sounds.

• Members

Have you tried putting the POD XT in the loop and turning its volume way way down?

Or how about

Brunetti Preamp -->effect out to PODXT --> headphones

This would at least give you some idea what the Brunetti preamp sounds like on its own.

or

Guitar --> PODXT --> effect in to Brunetti poweramp

Lots of fun to be had. Try not to blow anything up.

Archived