Cherry sunburst

Bob Savage

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Gorgeous. I'd be afraid to take it anywhere, but gorgeous anyway!

You don't need to. As I said above, anyone who buys one of Bob's custom head cases as an option also get a stock whit or black tolex one at no additional charge for gigging...

Steve

• Members

Thanks peeps... appreciate the kind words.

That looks killer.

I think a lit up, bright red Cherry Bomb logo on the front panel would be the cat's ass. Like Bad Cat and Matchless do with their logo's...

Yes! I've got some acrylic stock and a strip of LEDs because I'm looking to get into edge lit acrylic signs.

• Members
Thanks peeps... appreciate the kind words.

Yes! I've got some acrylic stock and a strip of LEDs because I'm looking to get into edge lit acrylic signs.

That would look great - make the bomb red and put 1 yellow one at the tip of the fuse to look like it's lit. :thu:

• Members
I have no idea if HCAF 2012 likes this kind of stuff but worst case, this post falls into the stinky abyss of HCAF.

Anyway, here's a head shell I made for The Henning Amplification Cherry Bomb. You all probably know Steve Henning by sah5150.

CherryBombProtoFace.jpg

That looks awesome! I'd love to see close pics of the top and sides. The etching (?) at the corners looks really cool!

• Members

I wanna see a pic of the black chassis with this headshell, it looks rather non-traditional,(and most will probably hate it as a result, but w/e) but I personally dig it!

Nice work there B00b Savage! :D :D :D Good to see you lurking about these days again mang. :cool:

• Members

Very nice woodwork.. I'm not into the colors though.. Something like a deep green and maybe a darker blue as the burst would look great.. At least it does on my Les Paul! :-)

But this gave me an idea to do that for myself.. I've been meaning to build a new headshell for my xxx, cause I fell walking up some stairs one drunken after show and I mangled the shell pretty good.

But again, very nice work

• Members
I have no idea if HCAF 2012 likes this kind of stuff but worst case, this post falls into the stinky abyss of HCAF.

Anyway, here's a head shell I made for The Henning Amplification Cherry Bomb. You all probably know Steve Henning by sah5150.

CherryBombProtoFace.jpg

Looks awesome!! Can't wait to see it with the amp in there. Can't wait to play one either. :thu::cool:

• Members

I've only kinda skimmed this whole thread add I'm on my phone and dint like reading long threads on it, so if this question was asked/answered then sorry to repeat. But being that I'm a woodworker and finisher as well, I'm curious to what coating you used for the clear.. I saw that you did mention these prolly aren't meant for gigging, but I imagine you still have to put some protection on there..

• Members

Thanks again dudes...

I've only kinda skimmed this whole thread add I'm on my phone and dint like reading long threads on it, so if this question was asked/answered then sorry to repeat. But being that I'm a woodworker and finisher as well, I'm curious to what coating you used for the clear.. I saw that you did mention these prolly aren't meant for gigging, but I imagine you still have to put some protection on there..

Absolutely. It's finished with lacquer.

• Members

Not yet, but I have clips of the hand wired prototype for this amp. If you click the music page link in my sig you can go hear it. The prototype was called the PlexRod 100 and you'll see a clip of all the channels/modes on my music page if you click the link.. Slightly different design (Cherry Bomb is more versatile), but you'll get the idea...

However... one of the best players I know on these forums is currently in possession of the Cherry Bomb prototype shown above so I'm hoping he'll get inspired and I'll have have some clips to share really soon... I'm really looking forward to that - Stay tuned...

Steve

That sounds awesome! There is definitely some potential there! Do you have a price in mind for these amps?

Cole

Archived