OT - Manager bad mouthing staff to other staff, can they get in trouble for this?

jds22

• Members

Being the underling on the trash brigade is hardly trailblazing :poke:

Your not even head trash bitch....lol

I was hoping to get promoted to break room duty were the real perks are but now I can't see that happening. I'll forever be a trash bitch.

• Members

Can't be done. Nobody does their job well enough in her mind. FYI, the job consists of emptying trash cans and dusting desks. It's not rocket surgery.

Here's a small example from the other night. Each desk has 2 trash cans. One brown and one blue. She wanted me to make a list of all of the desks that needed either one or both, then give her the list so she could go around and put out trash cans. I asked if I could just load up a cart with trash cans and put them in place when I found one missing. She got pissed and said "do whatever, nobody listens to me anyways".

You'd have to spend a week or two there to fully understand what I'm talking about.

I see. I think the problem here is you might be overqualified for this job and don't really get how the mentality on this type of job is.

Whenever you are doing basic labor like this, you do what your boss is asking you to do, you do not give an idea on how to do it better. She needs to be like that, because while YOU might be too smart for the job, the others aren't. And if everyone starts to give their (probably dumb) ideas, it just creates a whole mess. She also can't really let you do things the way you want but not the others, because then THEY will complain.

What I am saying is: next time she asks you for a list, give her a {censored}ing list.

• Members

I see. I think the problem here is you might be overqualified for this job and don't really get how the mentality on this type of job is.

Whenever you are doing basic labor like this, you do what your boss is asking you to do, you do not give an idea on how to do it better. She needs to be like that, because while YOU might be too smart for the job, the others aren't. And if everyone starts to give their (probably dumb) ideas, it just creates a whole mess. She also can't really let you do things the way you want but not the others, because then THEY will complain.

What I am saying is: next time she asks you for a list, give her a {censored}ing list.

Understood.

• Members

Unless your company is stone-cold retarded, there should be measures in place to report improper work etiquette to the higher management, without having to go through your manager. Talk to someone in HR. At the very least, you should forward your complaint to the company when you give your notice. The company probably has no idea she's a raging faggot and won't unless you say something.

I had a temp job at a distribution company, and my supervisor was a tremendous asshole to all the staff in my department. He would {censored} with the schedules, make last minute changes, {censored} up my time cards (so I wasn't getting paid in full) and was otherwise just a terrible person to be around. The other staff said he was always like this. I submitted a report to the company HR and upon a short investigation, they found he was stealing money from the company and had been for years. He was promptly fired and I left to go back to school.

• Members

Unless your company is stone-cold retarded, there should be measures in place to report improper work etiquette to the higher management, without having to go through your manager. Talk to someone in HR. At the very least, you should forward your complaint to the company when you give your notice. The company probably has no idea she's a raging faggot and won't unless you say something.

I had a temp job at a distribution company, and my supervisor was a tremendous asshole to all the staff in my department. He would {censored} with the schedules, make last minute changes, {censored} up my time cards (so I wasn't getting paid in full) and was otherwise just a terrible person to be around. The other staff said he was always like this. I submitted a report to the company HR and upon a short investigation, they found he was stealing money from the company and had been for years. He was promptly fired and I left to go back to school.

You have to understand it is a cleaning job and what is considered "improper work etiquette" HAS to be way lower than an office job or they will have trouble staffing their crew. As harsh as it may sound, it's the kind of job where you are EXPECTED to be stupid, but obedient.

In my early 20's, while in college, I got a job managing a gas station/convenience store/car wash. I can honestly say that 99% of my crew had an IQ that was 1 point over a chimpanzee.

But occasionally, I would get someone that was actually smart and doing this just for a side job/summer job or whatever. It didn't matter, they would still have to follow the same procedures as everyone else. Why? Because if he didn't, the others would start wanting to do their own {censored} too (which would invariably result in disaster) or complain about special treatment to the smart guy.

Also, when the smart guy finally found something better and left (and that always happens rather quickly) I would have to replace him and chances are it would be with another chimpanzee. So if the procedures put in place were too complicated for the others to follow, that wouldn't fly.

Unfortunately, with this kind of job, you need to regulate by the minimum common denominator, which is often very low. So a smarter, better educated person will invariably get frustrated by it.

OP needs to say "yes m'am", do exactly as told, take his money and save his good ideas/job satisfaction for his day gig. Or quit, if he can't really dumb down to that level, that {censored} is not for him.

• Members

Can't be done. Nobody does their job well enough in her mind. FYI, the job consists of emptying trash cans and dusting desks. It's not rocket surgery.

Here's a small example from the other night. Each desk has 2 trash cans. One brown and one blue. She wanted me to make a list of all of the desks that needed either one or both, then give her the list so she could go around and put out trash cans. I asked if I could just load up a cart with trash cans and put them in place when I found one missing. She got pissed and said "do whatever, nobody listens to me anyways".

You'd have to spend a week or two there to fully understand what I'm talking about.

:lol:

You have management that throws logic out the window as well?

But I agree with guitarbilly, you really do have to dumb yourself down and do as you are told or you will constantly be pissed at how {censored}ing dumb your manager is.

• Members

Sounds like she needs a good shag? :love:

Archived