Hey Drakkar . . .

The Anomaly

• Members
{censored}'s about to get sappy..so stop reading now if you're not in the mood.

Essentially what happened is after lots of fighting, my boyfriend whom I live with told me it's over. Somewhat due to him I gave up music, my band, my hometown, my family, I lost my mother to severe brain damage in the process and I've been through a lot..so now I have to start all over again and do it completely by myself. Where, I have no clue. What hurts the most is that the two people I had in life, he and my mother, aren't available to cry to so I have to do it alone and all my plans for the future have crumbled..yet again. I'm still a mess but every now and then I can stop being a crying punkass to think and type.

Honestly I want to thank everyone who's posted in here. The fact that it even got over here is weird but I appreciate it. Despite what other forums say about people here I have to say it really helps that when I'm feeling the most alone in the world, some knucklehead straight guys on a guitar forum even ask if I'm still alive. I really, and seriously appreciate it and even though we all don't know each other personally but I can't really describe how much it means that people even bother to ask about me when someone sees that I'm hurt.

The video I posted actually helped me a lot. For those who don't know that's Latrice Royale of Rupaul's Drag Race..and yeah it's a stupid gay drag queen show but Latrice makes a lot of sense..nothing else to do but get back up, look sick'ning, and make them eat it. Thanks for the help everyone. Ya'll n****s is gay

Cheers, Lucius.

Hey brother,

Sorry to hear about your mom and about the end of the relationship. I won't tell you to just forget about it and move on right now because I know that's easier said than done. But what I can tell you is take a day at a time and just try to make the best out of that day. Before you know it, you will be in a better place.

I've had to "give up" on things in my life in the past too, including my music, albeit for different reasons than you did. What I've learned is that nothing is permanent and you can get these things back if you want them back. It just takes a bit of work. There is also no such thing as starting from zero, if anything, you are wiser now than you were when you started all this, and that definitely counts for something.
Just focus on doing what you have to do right now to get situated and go from there, soon enough you will see positive results from your efforts.
Feel free to add me on your FB or PM me here if you ever need to talk, man. You may not have what you had before but you're not alone. You got a bunch of online buddies here, I know it's not the same thing, but hey it's a start :)

Take care bro. You're gonna be alright.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Mojo Drakkar. You seem like one awesome dude and this {censored} sucks. :(

Sorry to hear about your mom and that your relationship is over.

I won't offer any platitudes, just mojo, positive thoughts and prayers.

• Members

Essentially what happened is after lots of fighting, my boyfriend whom I live with told me it's over. Somewhat due to him I gave up music, my band, my hometown, my family, I lost my mother to severe brain damage in the process and I've been through a lot..so now I have to start all over again and do it completely by myself. Where, I have no clue. What hurts the most is that the two people I had in life, he and my mother, aren't available to cry to so I have to do it alone and all my plans for the future have crumbled..yet again. I'm still a mess but every now and then I can stop being a crying punkass to think and type.

Honestly I want to thank everyone who's posted in here. The fact that it even got over here is weird but I appreciate it. Despite what other forums say about people here I have to say it really helps that when I'm feeling the most alone in the world, some knucklehead straight guys on a guitar forum even ask if I'm still alive. I really, and seriously appreciate it and even though we all don't know each other personally but I can't really describe how much it means that people even bother to ask about me when someone sees that I'm hurt.

The video I posted actually helped me a lot. For those who don't know that's Latrice Royale of Rupaul's Drag Race..and yeah it's a stupid gay drag queen show but Latrice makes a lot of sense..nothing else to do but get back up, look sick'ning, and make them eat it. Thanks for the help everyone. Ya'll n****s is gay

Cheers, Lucius.

Sorry to hear your news. I hope you will be a stronger man after you get through it.

But you still made me LOL with your sign off.

Cheers Neil

• Members

Cheers, Lucius.

You'll make it, brah. Things may be awful now, and I know it's hard to perceive that there's even a light at the end of it, much actually SEE that light, but it IS there. I've been through {censored} that I wouldn't wish on ANYONE, and I'm still here. Pull those fishnets up, straighten out your bra, and just start kicking {censored}ers in the sack on your way back up. :thu:

Cheers, nerdy straight white man

• Members

I'm whiter than white and I totally understood it:confused:

then again I had 3 black roommates in college and they taught me the way of the negro:thu:

it was hilarious how they could flip a switch from perfect english to ebonics. :lol:

• Members

Drak - to thine own self be true! Don't give up things you like for anyone else in the future. You'll pull yourself out of that hole.

HCAF, you do not disappoint. For a den of scum you guys sure know how to come together when one of this little dysfunctional family is down!

• Members

Mojo sent Drakk . Sounds like a horrible deal.

(and this is coming from a Rebel Flag flyin' moonshine drinkin' redneck Kentucky Hillbilly boy. Prolly one of the last kinda dudes you'd expect mojo from)

Keep your head up Brah / Shah.

Riff hard. Riff long. Riff Loud

Harley

• Members

I'm whiter than white and I totally understood it:confused:

then again I had 3 black roommates in college and they taught me the way of the negro:thu:

it was hilarious how they could flip a switch from perfect english to ebonics.
:lol:

It's an ancient skill. It even amazes me how I can go from "You don't sound black" to "dat n**** crazy!" in no time flat. No matter how "white" a black guy is..deep down inside the ***** is still there, it just depends on how pissed off he is

• Members

It's an ancient skill. It even amazes me how I can go from "You don't sound black" to "dat n**** crazy!" in no time flat. No matter how "white" a black guy is..deep down inside the ***** is still there, it just depends on how pissed off he is

'salright. I got several broes who are black who sound more country than I do

• Members

Cheers, Lucius

I LOL'd for realz.

Hang in there DT, things will get better in time. As an aside, is that a gom jabbar on your finger?

• Members

Everyone is black deep down inside.

BTW I just PM'd you a youtube link that illustrates your point exactly. I think i might get banned for posting it here even though it's just an excerpt from "Boondocks" - one of my favorite shows.

• Members

Cheers, Lucius.

Hey...

You're good people. Don't ever forget that.

I'm coming out the other end of what you're going into. Marriage imploded, career imploded, lost a parent, lost my house and everything else, etc. I can honestly say I'm better now than I was but it sucked in the interim.

Anything at all you need don't hesitate to ask. If it's gear you need to get started playing music again, I've got some extra {censored} laying around I'll drop in the mail. I think I've got a Boss SD-1 I modded that's yours if you want it.

• Members

Dude, if you were in LA I'd take you out, get you drunk and maybe even get you laid.

I was in your exact position in my early 20s when my first serious live-in girlfriend dumped me. Man, it sucked to be me. I feel for ya bud.

But the upside is this: I lived through it just fine and you will too. Embrace the experience, reject the pain as best you can and put one foot in front of the other. The worst is over.

Archived