NGD...Carvin DC800 and a sincere Thank you!!!!!!!

NixerX

• Members

Word!! HNGD!!! That thing is {censored}ing NICE dude. I havent met a guitar that I thought played as nice as a Carvin. Im jelly. One of the 2-3 guitars on my GAS list is a Carvin CT6. What pickups are you running?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Word!! HNGD!!! That thing is fucking NICE dude. I havent met a guitar that I thought played as nice as a Carvin. Im jelly. One of the 2-3 guitars on my GAS list is a Carvin CT6. What pickups are you running?

HA! Thanks man. Its the stock actives. They sound better than my EMGS! :eek:

• Members

I didnt even know Carvin was making actives...Awesome!!

Everyone is saying that the actives are killer compared to the passives carvin makes...not that ive heard them...but I guess they are very hit or miss. The actives....very hit!

• Members

OMG.

I usually dont like 8 strings cuase i think there to over the top and flamboyant.

But rock that {censored}, that top looks gorgeos, wouldnt mind buying something that looked like that myself.

pretty much this verbatim, nicely done!

• Members

Gat damn sexy wood machine. Congrats.

And what'd I tell ya about the tung oil?

I've heard very good things about the actual actives Carvin's been making. Both the seven and eight string models. Their old passives with the active EQ module was really noisy and :freak:, but apparently these are true actives and really pop.

Be looking forward to hearing what you think in a few weeks or even months. Carvins, for all their instant flash upon first inspection, tend to grow on their owners.

Started speccing out the next one yet?

• Members

Gat damn sexy wood machine. Congrats.

And what'd I tell ya about the tung oil?

I've heard very good things about the actual actives Carvin's been making. Both the seven and eight string models. Their old passives with the active EQ module was really noisy and
:freak:
, but apparently these are true actives and really pop.

Be looking forward to hearing what you think in a few weeks or even months. Carvins, for all their instant flash upon first inspection, tend to grow on their owners.

Started speccing out the next one yet?

Thank you sir.

You def called it with the Tung Oil...Its amazing how slippery it is! Ill never go another way now! Ruined me now....ya bastid!

I haven't specced number 2 out yet. I will wait until they start building them with FR's and then Jump...probably with the same specs as this one because it really does sound incredible.

• Members

Damn nice!

How do those actives sound compared to EMG'S?

Do they sell those actives in a 6 string model?

Ive only pounded on them for couple of hours....so far I like them better. I dont know if they make 6 string versions.

• Members

Dude....CT6.....

Thank you! Not exactly a brave venture into guitar fit and finish...pretty standard approach..but yea it looks sweet as {censored}!

DO WANT. Ive specced it out so many times. I just dont have 1700 bucks to spend on a guitar, and if I did, Id get an SV-II first.

• Members

DO WANT. Ive specced it out so many times. I just dont have 1700 bucks to spend on a guitar, and if I did, Id get an SV-II first.

I hear that. Lots of money...up until you get the guitar in your hands then some ow it doesnt seem to matter much. That or your wife buys it for you. You know, if you get a wife and manage to keep her long enough to have an anniversary.

• Members

I hear that. Lots of money...up until you get the guitar in your hands then some ow it doesnt seem to matter much. That or your wife buys it for you. You know, if you get a wife and manage to keep her long enough to have an anniversary.

hahahaha true. Leahs made it perfectly clear that I can buy whatever the {censored} I want, guitar wise. I dont make stupid decisions. I only buy {censored} if the money is "extra"...ie, bills paid, food on the table, and something in the bank. She trusts my judgement enough. Also, she knows what guitars I want, and has straight up said if shes ever got that much extra, Im getting a new guitar or 2 lol. Ive already done the whole hiding gear thing. Never again. I work hard. Its my {censored}ing money lol. I bought my ninja and it sat in a case under my bed for 6 months until I finally got sick of it and told my ex that my mom bought it for me. How {censored}ed up is that?

• Members

hahahaha true. Leahs made it perfectly clear that I can buy whatever the {censored} I want, guitar wise. I dont make stupid decisions. I only buy {censored} if the money is "extra"...ie, bills paid, food on the table, and something in the bank. She trusts my judgement enough. Also, she knows what guitars I want, and has straight up said if shes ever got that much extra, Im getting a new guitar or 2 lol. Ive already done the whole hiding gear thing. Never again. I work hard. Its my {censored}ing money lol. I bought my ninja and it sat in a case under my bed for 6 months until I finally got sick of it and told my ex that my mom bought it for me. How {censored}ed up is that?

You have a good woman now. The support is there and I know you will do what you can to keep it! You know how my set up is at home..we've talked at length about it...even though I can buy what I want $$ is expensive so spending it right is important. I can say beyond a doubt Carvin is the {censored}. Best sounding / playing guitar I ever played.

• Members

You have a good woman now. The support is there and I know you will do what you can to keep it! You know how my set up is at home..we've talked at length about it...even though I can buy what I want $$ is expensive so spending it right is important. I can say beyond a doubt Carvin is the {censored}. Best sounding / playing guitar I ever played.

Hell yeah. Thats awesome. Im glad you dig that thing. I WILL own one one day, but I dont intend to get a Carvin for metal useage....so its not on top of the list.

• Members

Hell yeah. Thats awesome. Im glad you dig that thing. I WILL own one one day, but I dont intend to get a Carvin for metal useage....so its not on top of the list.

Why not? You can get one that is versatile enough to do whatever. I plan to get back on the Jazz / Fusion wagon with this guitar.

• Members

Why not? You can get one that is versatile enough to do whatever. I plan to get back on the Jazz / Fusion wagon with this guitar.

Just the way I want it to look, and the pups I wanna put in it. Itd look funny playing metal on it lol.

Archived