Tube Hi-FI?

Seattle Doug

• Members

i was just thinking the other night how it would be nice to have a real stereo system in my place and start buying all my favorite albums on vinyl, then i started looking at the prices for mcintosh stuff and the like and whoa! yeah, if you can make something decent cheap ill go for it

This is exactly what I was thinking.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hi dudes? Do any of you have interested in tube hi-FI? I'm talking about stereo tube amp and preamp, not 5.1 etc etc. Just really good stereo tube audio for your music listening pleasure.

Would that be cool or am I stupid?

I'd be on it like white on rice.

• Members

Most any of the mid 70's stuff from Sansui, Kenwood and Pioneer will kick most anything's ass that is current. Esp Pioneer SX1980 - 270 watts per channel RMS into 8 ohms Harmonic Distortion: Less than 0.03% - Sansui BA 5000 - 300w per channel, Phase Linear 700 watts per channel.

They don't/can't make things like that anymore.

Having run a Sansui AU11000 full out thru a set of Altec Model 19 speakers...it doesn't get any better than that. Got evicted for that one.
:cop:

My swimming pool system is a Dynaco 200wpch ST400, using an NAD amp as a pre-amp with a generic DVD player and a Nakamichi RX-303 unidirectional auto-reversing cassette. I have a Motorola Blue Tooth receiver hooked to it so my Android can broadcast music through it from outside and even control the volume! System indoors, Android and Boston Acoustic Voyager speakers outdoors! Serious sound!

Dynaco made some of the best and simplest tube and solid state stuff in the 60's and 70's.

Archived